Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Most profitable situations... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282374)

Louie Landale 06-28-2005 07:40 PM

Re: Most profitable situations...

Even if the big-trips calls you are still only a 771:229 = 3.4:1 favorite. And I'm sure there are reasonable folks that will lay down say KT board KK4 when the tight-wad moves all in.

- Louie

Louie Landale 06-28-2005 07:43 PM

Nut straight with the flush redraw against the nut straight should guarantee you get all your chips in, and as a 2:1 favorite and cannot lose.

The most common "best" I've seen is a set against an overpair who plays "Limit", and won't lay it down for any amount of money.

- Louie

RiverDood 06-28-2005 08:27 PM

I'm partial to trash in the BB that turns into a straight on the flop. It's paid me very well a couple times -- and heaven knows I've paid out enough on the receiving end, too, when I was betting from middle position and got foolishly proud of my TPTK or set.

michiganfan9 06-28-2005 08:38 PM

I totally agree, I was playin the other day and i called a raise pre-flop putting the kid on two over cards. I had pocket 5's and flop came 4-5-6. He put me all in and I called with my set. He starts laughing and flips his pocket 6's.

michiganfan9 06-28-2005 08:39 PM

That's a split pot buddy

michiganfan9 06-28-2005 08:41 PM

just kidding, didn't see the king at the end, my fault

sully4321 06-29-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine was complaining about how whenever he gets a monster hand, his opponents have nothing and he never wins big pots. Which got us talking about ideal situations that pay off the best. Assuming equal stacks of opponents and NL structure, what do you think are the most profitable situations? (read: you're going to get all their money)

I always think the full house vs. nut flush is a big one, but the flush has to see that paired board and at least think its a possibility.

Straight flush vs. nut flush might be the best.

Set vs. Over pair

Set vs. TPTK

Set vs. Top (or any) 2 pair

Lets hear some others.

[/ QUOTE ]

actual hand doyle brunson played in...

he holds AA
millionaire fish holds 44
some other pro holds 22

flop A22... turn 4... river 4

best part is: he laid it down to the bets at the turn

Kirkrrr 06-29-2005 11:34 AM

Jackpot, everyone WINS!! Hopefully they're playing $25NL and not 2000NL.

Kirk R.

sully4321 06-29-2005 02:23 PM

how about least profitable?? or most misleading?

you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and two opponents hold K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
river T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

nervous 06-30-2005 02:50 AM

That got me thinking. What would party do if that situation occurred? Split the loser's share to 2 people?