Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I have Never. Seen this. Before. (some content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356664)

private joker 10-13-2005 05:48 AM

I have Never. Seen this. Before. (some content)

Especially at Commerce.

Live, $900/$1800. Standard table, as wild as usual. An aggro UTG open-raises. This means he has two cards that aren't total garbage. sLAG in EP calls. Fold to me in the CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I call. Horrible fish on the button calls, unknown in the SB calls, horrible fish in the BB calls.

6 to the flop for 6 BBs.

Flop comes: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets out into the field. BB calls, original PFR calls, EP calls, I raise. Button cold-calls, SB 3-bets, BB calls, PFR now call-caps, EP cold-calls 3 more, I call, Button calls.

6 to the turn for 18 BBs.

Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to me. I think about this thread and how everyone thought I was crazy to consider betting the turn. I think they were right, and I was right to check it. But now, I have 5 outs to the stone-cold nuts, and 8 more outs to the probable best hand. With that many great cards for me on the river, and 6 players still in the hand, I really think this is a value bet. So I bet. Button folds, everyone else calls. (This ends the content portion of the post)

5 to the river for 23 BBs. River brings the holiest of holies: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to me, and I of course bet the nuts. Now something unbelievable happens. All 4 of my opponents fold.

The dealer pushes a 24 BB, $432 pot to me, and I slide my cards face down.

Has anyone EVER in a live cardroom seen anything like this? I mean -- what? There were 4 hands out there that were over 96% sure they were beaten? I mean, yeah it's gotta suck seeing that club on the river, and worse if it's an overcard to your pair -- but wha? Getting 24:1? At a place like Commerce, and virtually every cardroom in America, there's always a showdown in a medium-size pot and larger. In a pot of 10 BBs, some guy always says "Well I know you got me but the pot's big, so I'll keep ya honest." Sometimes they call with K-high.

Who lays down a hand in a 24 BB pot getting 24:1 after all the action up to that point? What hands are raising PF, what hands are check/3-betting and call-capping this flop?

I tried for the rest of the session to come up with 4 hands that weren't worth a call, and I couldn't do it.

I figured SB had 88, for the flopped OESD and mid-PP. This is a good hand to lead and 3-bet with. But since obviously nobody else had clubs (or I would have been called on the river), then what were the other hands? Does the original PFR have total crap and I had the wrong read on him? Maybe he had some Broadway overs with one club? KQ/QJ? Maybe there were 3 QJs out there. It's conceivable, but highly unlikely. And I can't fathom anyone laying down an A on the end there with top pair.

Anyway -- just weird. And I guess I was a bit mad that what I thought were implied odds were in fact not. I hit my draw and didn't get paid a penny more. Was K-high the best hand the entire time?

shant 10-13-2005 06:04 AM

Re: I have Never. Seen this. Before. (some content)

They all had 82o.

private joker 10-13-2005 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They all had 82o.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you still hate live play? Think this would ever happen at Party 10/20?

TheHip41 10-13-2005 06:24 AM

are you really playing 900-1800??

That's inconcievable to me.

JacksonTens 10-13-2005 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means 9.00/18.00

JT

aK13 10-13-2005 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially at Commerce.

Live, $900/$1800

The dealer pushes $432 pot to me

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker 10-13-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever see this game at Commerce, with all the chips flying around, you'll appreciate my poetic liberties.

SoSo 10-13-2005 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Especially at Commerce.

Live, $900/$1800

The dealer pushes $432 pot to me

[/ QUOTE ]

rakes big in that game.

bugstud 10-13-2005 07:39 AM

well, my best guess is that some combos of KQ, KJ, 8x, and maybe some pair+draw hands (JT?) are out there and the ones with pairs are the first to fold because they are squeezed.

toss 10-13-2005 07:49 AM

Ah I thought you were going to say they check/capped the river for you. Nice pot there anyways. Is the game played with $3 chips?