Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flopped Trips, Good Kicker but lots of aggression (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=220483)

_Kevin_ 03-26-2005 02:30 PM

Flopped Trips, Good Kicker but lots of aggression

Both villians are quite loose & passive preflop and moderately aggressive post flop (this is based on 20-30 hands so the read is some what questionable). I feel like I really played this hand poorly but I'm not sure how else I should have played it. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Surfbullet 03-27-2005 04:16 AM

Re: Flopped Trips, Good Kicker but lots of aggression

I like the flop smoothcalls, waiting for the turn to come to life..

However I would raise the turn when SB bets into me again..I don't know that MP will raise again and I'd like to give someone with a worse kicker or a flush draw/pair of 8s a chance to go to war.

If someone else caps the turn, I'll go for an overcall on the river, or if I was last to act I would not raise b/c A3 or a boat are likely opponent's holdings in that case.

Surf

imitation 03-27-2005 04:23 AM

How you play these hands will not effect your winrate greatly at poker. Concentrate on playing good poker in common situations, TP, A-h, blind play, etc.

Victor 03-27-2005 05:33 AM

i woulda bet the river and called a raise. you played it very well. one of the perfect times to slow play.

Victor 03-27-2005 05:34 AM

wow. its not about the result its about the reaosn.

Alobar 03-27-2005 12:20 PM

unless MP has a 3, the stop n go might freeze himout of raising and you miss your chance, so I raise the turn. MP hopefully thinks you are just trying to push him out of the hand, and he has something worth calling.

after pulling the call then raise, and getting capped, I go to call down mode, and make a note on him if it isnt a FH or A3