Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Live Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376586)

lapoker17 11-11-2005 06:17 PM

Live Poker

5/10 live in LA. 3 handed. We each have 1.5k. Others are not good. I'm opening a lot.

I raise to $30 on the button with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB folds, BB minraises to $60, I call.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, check.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets $30?, I call.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets $50?, I make it $200.

He calls.

He has AA.

I almost just called on the river.

AZK 11-11-2005 06:19 PM

Re: Live Poker

bet flop, lose less? I'm coming out to LA in december. Let's hit up (read: rape) that LATB game.

lapoker17 11-11-2005 07:20 PM

Maybe. He bets flop I lose more.

Done.

AceHiStation 11-11-2005 07:32 PM

Was there anything to read besides his minraise preflop that didn't make you think you could take down a huge pot against a hand like AK? Maybe I missed something, but I really see myself betting at this pot a little more. Perhaps villain was the aggressive type to only bet if he didn't hit the board hard? Either way, nice job not losing a huge pot.
-Ace

magicmntn 11-11-2005 07:51 PM

You played this hand absolutely horribly. You should have lost a lot more money than you did.

lapoker17 11-11-2005 08:02 PM

You apparently play online.

captZEEbo1 11-11-2005 08:04 PM

You should've bet the pot on flop and turn trying to get it allin asap

lapoker17 11-11-2005 08:19 PM

Eh, it was live - that's all you can really say I guess. If I had any technical argument for any of it, it would be that I think AK bets the flop there nearly always, and if he had QQ or KK, I wasn't going to make any money off him on the flop. Once the K hit, and I saw the way he bet it, I figured I'd kill myself if I just called the river and he happened to show me top 2, but whatever. His non-raise on the river was the main reason I thought the hand odd.

To that other clown - I didn't post this as a "look how good I play, I could've lost a lot more" thing - Just a weird hand.

I sometimes post things that happen live that feel a little different. This was one of them, although it's really not all that interesting.

lapoker17 11-11-2005 08:22 PM

You online guys rule.

flawless_victory 11-11-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You online guys rule.

[/ QUOTE ]
captZEE is kinda his own breed...
i cringe at his advice generally, but im told he wins alot. whatever.

im an online guy and i prob wouldve just called the river.
PF and flop plays are obviously correct.