Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hooray for Empire (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=158668)

Jurollo 12-07-2004 02:42 PM

Hooray for Empire

Got an email this morning that said I have been awarded 5,000 EP points and bumped up to VIP status, which is pretty cool considering I only had 531 accumulated. Thanks empire!
~Justin

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-07-2004 03:02 PM

Re: Hooray for Empire

Why does this happpen to everyone but me? I have about 1000 and haven't been bumped. Anyone have any idea how they decide to bump?

BusterStacks 12-07-2004 03:21 PM

w00t! me too! I just ordered a bunch of bad quality crap!

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-07-2004 03:22 PM

I feel so left out. I emailed vips@empire and we'll see what they say. I want my quality crap too.

real843 12-07-2004 07:33 PM

Congratulations. You have just entered the crappiest VIP program there is...

Rhone 12-07-2004 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. You have just entered the crappiest VIP program there is...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I got the e-mail too, and just ordered a few free books. I'm not complaining. I like free stuff. What do some of the other programs give you?

SomethingClever 12-07-2004 08:21 PM

GODDAMN IT I HAVE 1500 POINTS AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS YET!

Thus concludes my first all-caps post ever.

Schneids 12-07-2004 08:26 PM

And when you get to 15,000 points they give you this really spiffy watch that was so spiffy Stripsqueez was willing to give it away to a 2+2er.

However, I do actually wear my Empire watch they sent. It is a Citizen watch and looks pretty good IMO.

MicroBob 12-07-2004 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thus concludes my first all-caps post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....no it doesn't. LOL

FWIW - Try writing to vip@empire.com (I think that's the address) and asking.
Couldn't hurt.

I'm trying to push my way to the Royal Flush club (15k points) where you get a 10% reload every month.
I have 12k points right now and the bulk of my play is on empire now so I think I can make it in 2 or 3 mths.

VIP is really not that great of a club....but I think their WSOP tourneys (for 2k points) are decent value..and they also have the 2k-points tourney for the Porsche coming up.

Anyway....it's not exactly mind-blowingly great....but it's still better than nothing.

stripsqueez 12-07-2004 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And when you get to 15,000 points they give you this really spiffy watch that was so spiffy Stripsqueez was willing to give it away to a 2+2er

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact i was giving it away had nothing to do with the watch - i'm something of a luddite - i dont use mobile phones, sun glasses, or umbrellas, and i dont wear a watch

i gave my watch away to a gear freak freind who was excited about it as its an eco-drive - that apparently means it doesnt use batteries - he tells me that it is a good quality watch

i got an e-mail from empire last week to confirm they have shipped me a free TV - should arrive anytime soon - to get the TV you need to accumulate 25,000 VIP points and as i havent spent any i have around double that - TV's i use but i already have 4 of them in my house (i like to watch TV while i cook) - would it be morally wrong to convert it to my sisters xmas present ?

i think the empire VIP program is great - sure the method of calculation is bizarre to a serious player but i'm gratified that they do something substantial to reward loyal and high volume customers

stripsqueez - chickenhawk