Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why not Grossman? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391704)

thatpfunk 12-05-2005 08:37 AM

Why not Grossman?

Honest question, why not? Does Orton really bring more to the table?

I've never been a Grossman fan at all, and it is an obvious gamble, but I think the Bears possesing a capable offense could turn them into serious title contenders and the reward >>> risk.

(also i haven't watched a bears game the entire season, please feel free to correct me)

VarlosZ 12-05-2005 09:02 AM

Re: Why not Grossman?

They won't play Grossman because they've been winning with Orton, but I'm on your side. By just about any measure, Orton has been the worst starting QB in the league. It's very unlikely that Grossman would be worse.

Sluss 12-05-2005 09:05 AM

Well right now Grossman isn't 100% and he hasn't played since week 2 of last year. So he's pretty rusty and right now Orton has won 8 in a row.

The real sickining part right now is with the defense and the running game this team can go far in the playoffs. With Grossman they could be scary good. Of course if he comes in a starts making mistakes they could break up a pretty good thing.

FWIW, please let Grossman take over I want to go to the Super Bowl.

mrbaseball 12-05-2005 09:57 AM

QB isn't really the offenses problem. The recievers are horrible and almost never open and yesterday anyway the pass protection was real bad. Grossman or any QB you can name would not have made much difference in yesterdays game. Defenders were pretty much draped over the Bears woeful recievers on every play.

At least Orton is making less mistakes and giving the defense a chance to win. Grossman would not improve things a bit and may actually be a step backwards at this point.

pokerdirty 12-05-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, please let Grossman take over I want to go to the Super Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I'm saying this could happen, but Jesus, could you imagine if Chicago would win 2 sports championships within a year of each other? The city might spontaneously combust.

Jack of Arcades 12-05-2005 01:03 PM

It would be stupid to a) rush Grossman and b) create a QB controversy in the middle of the season. I don't think it's a given that Grossman would be better right now, and it might just create an unnecessary distraction.

TheNoodleMan 12-05-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be stupid to a) rush Grossman and b) create a QB controversy in the middle of the season. I don't think it's a given that Grossman would be better right now, and it might just create an unnecessary distraction.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Grossman has never proven anything in the NFL, except that he can get hurt. If he had established himself as their starter, instead of just their hope for the future, then things would be different.

thatpfunk 12-05-2005 01:17 PM

All,
I thnk this leads to another question. If Chi gets to the NFC Championship game (or beyond) is the organization tied to Orton? Does Rex become trade bait?

Jack of Arcades 12-05-2005 01:35 PM

pfunk,

No, definitely not.

bottomset 12-05-2005 04:32 PM

you mean 68yds passing isn't good?