Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Kidney stones (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390630)

vulturesrow 12-03-2005 04:46 PM

Kidney stones

I have one. I discovered this last night after experiencing the most excruciating pain I have ever felt, followed by pissing blood. I decided this was a bad thing and went to the hospital. After a CT scan it was confirmed that I did have a kidney stone and it was approximately 5mm in size, which means it probably wont pass on its own. I have to see the urologist on Monday where they will tell my how they plan on helping it along. In the meantime, I have motrin and vicodin in case the pain flares up again. Please hope that none of you ever experience this. More to follow, hopefully with pics of the rock hiding in my kidney.

WackityWhiz 12-03-2005 04:48 PM

Re: Kidney stones

sorry man [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Lazymeatball 12-03-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to see the urologist on Monday where they will tell my how they plan on helping it along.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh dear god, this has to wait until monday?? it has to pass naturally? they can't go into your kidney or give it something to break it up? wow, I feel really bad for you. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this?

JonPKibble 12-03-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. Stop drinking beverages with sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

InchoateHand 12-03-2005 04:54 PM

I hope they can break it up for you using a Lithotripter or similar device. I have seen people pass out as a systemic reaction to the pain of kidney stones.

Hope everything is as painless as possible and good luck.

And if you can keep the stone, do.

wayabvpar 12-03-2005 04:54 PM

Drink a lot of water. Always. Keep everything flowing. I have been warned by my father and a couple of other people that getting kidney stones is about as little fun as can be had this side of childbirth...every time I get a twinge I am terrified.

Good luck VR.

razor 12-03-2005 04:54 PM

Not fun.

My Dad had one years ago and then again this past summer as my parents were nearing the end of their vacation.

I hope things go smoothly and you get rid of that thing soon.

chuddo 12-03-2005 04:54 PM

vultures,

i feel your pain and understanding completely the hell that is kidney stones. if you search, you will find a thread i started in the past, and another someone else created where i posted as well.

happy it isn't me,
chuddo.

fluxrad 12-03-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. Stop drinking beverages with sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drinking beer has been associated with a lowered risk of kidney stones.

slickpoppa 12-03-2005 04:56 PM

That sucks man.

A while ago I posed a question to OOT asking whether people would rather have a kidney stone or drink 1oz of another man's semen (guaranteed to be disease free). Now that you have experienced the pain of kidney stones, which would you choose?