Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A-high River Checkraise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363499)

Danenania 10-23-2005 03:44 AM

A-high River Checkraise

Villain is Trufant. My read on him is 30/20 (6-handed stats) and generally a bit too loose and aggro postflop, though capable of folding when he knows he's beat. Prior to this hand I had played 3-handed with him and a huge fish for a pretty long time, maybe 30 minutes. I utterly destroyed him during this time whenever we clashed (mostly by running hot). He's probably lost at least 25 BB's to me directly and I think he's likely on subtle tilt. It seems like he initially viewed me as a borderline maniac but now is realizing that I was just getting smashed by the deck and am actually a tag player.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

Jeff W 10-23-2005 03:50 AM

Re: A-high River Checkraise

#1: I was discussing Trufant w/ Josh the other day. He is no longer a 30/20. He is 40/30/2.5 in my database over a giant sample.

Wierd transformation.

#2: The river check-raise is sweet. You pick off his bluff and you bluff him off a middle pair often enough to make this profitable.

helpmeout 10-23-2005 03:52 AM

That guy is a pretty funky player, he iso raised my UTG limp in a ring game with A2s (what an insult).

He also likes to raise suited connectors UTG, I think this river raise is good though.

I'm sure he is capable of folding something like 87s here, although that is a pretty slim value bet against a preflop 3bettor who has called the flop and turn.

Danenania 10-23-2005 04:06 AM

That is pretty strange. I have him at 30/20 over 437 hands today. Average players per hand exactly 6. I guess maybe I was forcing him to play tighter because he was directly to my left and a huge fish with a 0 PFR was directly to my right.

As for the hand, what other rivers do you think I could checkraise? The K seemed just about perfect. How about a Q or T? These are a little more in his playing zone but I should still get some bluff equity out of them. I planned to check/fold a river diamond, btw, and check/call a blank.

Danenania 10-23-2005 04:09 AM

Yeah, he did do some funky things versus me as well but most of those happened after this hand so I didn't want to include that info in the read. He seems to tilt pretty often...not badly but often.

Jeff W 10-23-2005 04:09 AM

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/3...trufant3mo.jpg

Danenania 10-23-2005 04:12 AM

Hmm, maybe your presence excites him.

Jeff W 10-23-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times that donkey has 3-bet me w/ 86o and flopped a straight. I love taking money from him.

Danenania 10-23-2005 04:31 AM

As for the hand, what other rivers do you think I could checkraise? The K seemed just about perfect. How about a Q or T? These are a little more in his playing zone but I should still get some bluff equity out of them. I planned to check/fold a river diamond, btw, and check/call a blank. I guess if I improved I would have checkraised a J and led an A.

NLSoldier 10-23-2005 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times that donkey has 3-bet me w/ 86o and flopped a straight. I hate losing all my money to him.

[/ QUOTE ]