Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I want to buy Hand History data (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407840)

12-30-2005 04:39 PM

I want to buy Hand History data

I'm working on a project that will model opponents for Texas Hold'em. To do this I need lots of Hand History files for different types of players (loose, tight, aggressive, passive, etc). And to create an accurate model, they can't be observed hands, I need to have the player hole cards for at least one player.

Ideally I will be able to get 30k-50k hands per *type* of player. I would be willing to pay for this information.

Does anyone know of a website where I could buy this? Would anyone be willing to sell me their data?

If privacy is a concern, I could write a small utility that would "anonymize" your Hand History files before you send them, so that your name & opponent names are changed to something different .

12-30-2005 04:43 PM

Re: I want to buy Hand History data

Or you could just tell the user to open the HHF in a text editor and do a find/replace of their name with 5 X's so you couldn't run your un-anonymizer once you have the file.

emonrad87 12-30-2005 05:23 PM

Do you have any idea how long that would take for 50k hands? Keep in mind they are in about a bajilion different files.

GrannyMae 12-30-2005 05:34 PM

I'm working on a project that will model opponents for Texas Hold'em.

u a bot-builder?

12-30-2005 06:06 PM

No, this is not for botting.

Also, I will give a free lifetime license key to PokerManager to anyone who is willing to do it.

GrannyMae 12-30-2005 06:34 PM

No, this is not for botting.

what else could this be for, other than something to do with AI?

pokergrader 12-30-2005 07:50 PM

There are many poker problems that could be solved if there was a good poker bot avilable for testing.

It doesn't actually have to play online.

GrannyMae 12-30-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many poker problems that could be solved if there was a good poker bot avilable for testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i disagree.

developing *any* AI product based on data from above average to good players using play patterns is trouble. now, for the first time, due to better databases, this info is readily available in large sample sizes and thus is a threat to the game.

jmho

scrapperdog 12-30-2005 08:39 PM

These live advice programs are banned by almost every on-line site.

pokergrader 12-30-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i disagree.

developing *any* AI product based on data from above average to good players using play patterns is trouble. now, for the first time, due to better databases, this info is readily available in large sample sizes and thus is a threat to the game.

jmho

[/ QUOTE ]

So people are allowed to do it in their heads but not allowed to do it with a computer? Should we also make things like pokerstove illegal because they process hands faster than a human can do it?

I'm not suggesting that bots play online or should be developed to play online. However, I do think that poker strategies can be refined using a poker bot that can run a hand millions of times against different opponents and boards to see which betting lines are the most profitable and whether or not marginal plays are actually +EV or -EV.

However, at this point in time it would be very difficult to create something like this without not only a great expertise in AI and machine learning, but also a great expertise in poker. I doubt that such an intelligent bot will be created in the near future.