Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Here's a leak of mine (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352868)

AdamL 10-07-2005 10:58 PM

Here\'s a leak of mine

I rely on counter-aggression from my opponents a great deal to find out where I stand.

Check-folding this is really weak. Betting is great if you can assume that if no one raises, you are ahead.

But is that a reliable way of knowing you're safe? What if your opponents just don't raise their ace? I hate to say it, but a lot of the time in unraised pots, they ain't raising even a *good* ace.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

silkyslim 10-07-2005 11:11 PM

Re: Here\'s a leak of mine

do u want to check fold the flop? Just like you continue betting with AQ UI, you do it here. he could be drawing or calling down with J4 (which rivered you!) nh.

mhlandry 10-07-2005 11:49 PM

Why didn't you raise preflop? You'll get that poster out, and you'll make the sb wish he hadn't completed w/ 57s...

AdamL 10-07-2005 11:50 PM

He had A8o. This is what bugs me about these situations. I'm being results oriented, but the results are the point. You can't bet these types of hands unless you can count on being raised by worse hands. If you're against opponents who will just call down with an ace, your hand is very weak. You may already behind, and there are so many cards that can come to beat you. Check-fold is certainly an option with a pot this small and that many opponents.

Augster 10-07-2005 11:54 PM

I think I raise this pre-flop with a fish posting in UTG. WTF??

The hand plays differently then.

The rest of the hand is the same way I play it. On the river I doubt it'd be a value bet as, really, I wouldn't know where I stood like you say.

SCfuji 10-07-2005 11:55 PM

pf is fine
flop is fine
turn i give it up

10-07-2005 11:57 PM

I bet the flop. I don't think it is weak to check behind on the turn. Based on SB's flop call, I don't think you're stealing this small pot.

zuluking 10-08-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf is fine
flop is fine
turn i give it up

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this is auto-raise pf. The rest I agree with ya.

SCfuji 10-08-2005 12:23 AM

i think we need a poll, please dont roudhouse me to the face. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thesharpie 10-08-2005 12:27 AM

I think PF is an easy raise, we have a chance of getting it 3 way if not heads up, and there's the value thing.