Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Worst Bad Beat in Hold Em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=839)

04-15-2002 12:04 PM

Worst Bad Beat in Hold Em

What do you guys think is the worst bad beat in Hold em. The type of bad beat that turns your stomach and makes you go on tilt for hours. I'm talking about the type of bad beat that makes you want to choke the dealer and curse out the player....For my money, I think the set over set is the worst bad beat in Hold em. What do you guys think??

04-15-2002 12:25 PM

Re: Worst Bad Beat in Hold Em

I have seen the worst beat ever- some guy has pocket 2's in the bigblind...3 or 4 limpers cant remember...flop comes down 228! He checks late player bets, guy with quads calls. Pot is not head up. turn card is Jack, quads check late player bets quads calls. River card Jack, Quads now bets and late player raises it goes about 15-16 or so bets! late player turns up JJ- However there is a good point to this truely awful beat. Jackpot paid out $56,000 and 40% went to the guy with the twos!

3 2 1

04-15-2002 01:21 PM

Balt999- The worst bad beat is the one which affects you so much it disrupts your ability to play properly. Bad beats come and go...and players who let beats upset them mostly...GO....Dont' sweat the small stuff...get the chips, buddy. Babe

04-15-2002 01:35 PM

that may be the worst bad beat that occurs with some frequency. but what about one time bad beats? like cloutier losing the WSOP to ferguson with multiple tied hands? or some of the ones discussed in the gambling theory book?

pat

04-15-2002 02:25 PM

Never let anything make you go on tilt for hours. Get up and walk away and don't play again til you're over it!

Having said that, set over set sucks. But sets get beat so often, by other sets, straights and flushes, that it doesn't set me off (pardon the pun). When I flop a monster like a full house, slowplay it and get beat on the river when someone hits their one or two outer, that's what sets me off.

04-15-2002 04:08 PM

Set over set isn\'t a bad beat

I think the set over set is the worst bad beat in Hold em.

This is ridiculous. It's not even close to a bad beat. The player with the bigger set had the better hand from start to finish.

04-15-2002 04:37 PM

Flopping a set of aces, putting a player all in, and then having said player catch a runner runner flush with J 10 off suit.

I feel confident we can discuss many different scenarios of bad beats...take your pick.

MK

04-15-2002 04:53 PM

This is the Worst for real!!!

Playing 5-card double draw, no joker, no-limit in a small town in Texas. I start with 2 A's. Pull another one on the draw, and the last one on the second draw. Sitting there with four aces, pot is already pretty big, with 2 others in there, who didn't draw the second draw. I'm sure they're looking at straights or flushes. I get them all in, of course, cause that's what I like to do. First guy turns over 2-4-5-6-A offsuit, and other guy mucks. "What the hell is that nonsense?" I yell, laughing in his face. Needless to say they were playing lowball. I knew I should have asked more questions before I sat down.

04-15-2002 04:54 PM

Damn. There is a hole in my story. *NM*

04-15-2002 05:22 PM

Re: Damn. There is a hole in my story.

Were you playing a 53 card deck your post mentions 5 aces.

U liar! LOL

3 2 1