Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TT Preflop question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=107673)

Aviston 07-29-2004 03:09 PM

TT Preflop question

Obviously, the latter streets play themselves, but TT has always been a tough one preflop for me. Is this a raise here in EMP with two people already in to narrow the field?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (8.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Nottom 07-29-2004 03:12 PM

Re: TT Preflop question

Just raise, it will either thin the field with a good but vulnerable hand which is good, or get lots of money in the pot with what is very likely the best hand which is also good.

Rest of the hand looks perfect.

Transference 07-29-2004 03:18 PM

I would raise close to 90% of the time here. Many will always raise with tens in any position. If your having trouble with 10s preflop err on the side of aggressiveness.

bisonbison 07-29-2004 03:19 PM

I would raise close to 90% of the time here.

Why would you not raise here?

Aviston 07-29-2004 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, I know this isn't directed at me, but my response is that I'm a weenie with TT. In any case, would a raise from an even earlier position be correct as well? What about UTG? What about if I'm facing a raise here, is it correct to then just call? OMG, help me with my shady TT play! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Transference 07-29-2004 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Always with the hard questions...
Perhaps residual weak tight thinking?
I might occasionally limp with a maniac yet to act with the intention of 3 betting, or to manage/take advantage of table image a bit. I find if my table image is just right I can steal a few pots by limping then playing this aggressively on the flop. Of course it's rare that I am concerned about table image at these levels.

90% may have been a conservative estimate though, tens certainly seem to increase in value for me when I raise em before the flop from virtually anywhere, so if that was a mild rebuke it's well recived.

Do you always raise this in EP bison?

cold_cash 07-29-2004 03:52 PM

I can't speak for bison, (but I'm going to anyway), and say yes he does.

And most likely 99, too.

bisonbison 07-29-2004 05:38 PM

Do you always raise this in EP bison?

Yes.

cartoonsoldier 07-29-2004 05:40 PM

Always open-raise with TT in any position.