Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   spot the chook (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381453)

stripsqueez 11-19-2005 06:56 AM

spot the chook

4 handed 10/20

UTG open raises and only the BB calls

flop is 2c 3h 4d - check/bet/call

turn is 10c - check/bet/call

river is 7d - check/bet/call

UTG turns over A2o - BB shows Qc8c

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

bugstud 11-19-2005 07:00 AM

Re: spot the chook

BB - spotted
UTG - on the watch list

flawless_victory 11-19-2005 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB - spotted
UTG - on the watch list

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG is pretty tought youd think.
that river bet sure as hell was no bluff.

MAxx 11-19-2005 08:59 AM

both pro's

Spicymoose 11-19-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB - spotted
UTG - on the watch list

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG is pretty tought youd think.
that river bet sure as hell was no bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has a really good on UTG calling with crap, I think this is an easy check on the river.

krishanleong 11-19-2005 12:07 PM

I hate BB flop and turn.

Given how the hand played out I think other guy did okay.

Krishan

stripsqueez 11-19-2005 07:24 PM

i was the BB

i found an opponent who played 80% of the time - about 70% of the time he played he refused to be outbet - if he raised pre-flop which he did most of the time (seemingly with random hands) then he was almost certain to cap every street thereafter if neccesary - this meant i saw him cap the turn and river a couple of times with nothing

on the river this hand i figured i had equity against his random hand and a raise was out of the question because i would feel compelled to call the certain 3 bet

bugstud 11-19-2005 07:36 PM

I'm not sure that I can call a river bet here with Q8. you're hoping for a pretty nasty parlay, even with that kinda of vpip/pfr/agg

admiralfluff 11-19-2005 07:48 PM

I think the river is so close that it doesn't matter either way. What are the shania implications of showing down Q8 UI like this? I would fold, because I wouldn't want the LAG to realize people were calling him down with anything and stop bluffing every pot (I have seen similar adjusments before).

stripsqueez 11-19-2005 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the shania implications of showing down Q8 UI like this? I would fold, because I wouldn't want the LAG to realize people were calling him down with anything and stop bluffing every pot (I have seen similar adjusments before).

[/ QUOTE ]

a guy who caps the turn and river with nothing doesnt care what i show down - when i sat he had $1,200 he got up to $1,800 because the other guys were relentlessly chasing and attempting to isolate him and he hit a couple of hands - it wasnt until he got below $200 left that his game plan changed to scared - that to my observation is the usual progression of the ultimate chip spewers