Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   what if Partypoker mucks your hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387600)

SNOWBALL138 11-29-2005 01:19 PM

what if Partypoker mucks your hand?

Everyone checks to me on the river, and I was about to bet my hand when "establishing connection" came up on my screen. Several seconds later, I'm reconnected just in time to see my hand folded. I don't understand why partypoker didn't just check behind for me or use one of my disconnect protections. No one bet at me, and I was last to act.
Needless to say I had the winning hand, but villain was able to take down the pot with 2nd pair...

Is this fair?

Apathy 11-29-2005 01:20 PM

Re: what if Partypoker mucks your hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone checks to me on the river, and I was about to bet my hand when "establishing connection" came up on my screen. Several seconds later, I'm reconnected just in time to see my hand folded. I don't understand why partypoker didn't just check behind for me or use one of my disconnect protections. No one bet at me, and I was last to act.
Needless to say I had the winning hand, but villain was able to take down the pot with 2nd pair...

Is this fair?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, email party.

report back.

bpb 11-29-2005 01:28 PM

They've made the decision to fold hands that are timed out, regardless of the action in front of them. I know that other sites auto-check in this situation, but party isn't one of them.

Your disconnect protect didn't kick in because you were reconnected, albeit with a microsecond left to act. Another flaw in their program.

It isn't fair, but you won't be getting any compensation from Party. If you whine a lot maybe you can get a bonus out of it.

11-29-2005 01:38 PM

I would send a complaint and give them the hand history to back it up.

It's BS that it folds a timed out hand on the River even if everyone else checked. And one that timed out due to internet delay........

11-29-2005 01:42 PM

In situations like this, you should contact Party -- preferably by phone. Give them the hand number and ask them to review.

They can't -- and won't -- refund any money to you, but they will offer a bonus which you'll need to play through some hands to clear.

Note: If your hand is clearly strong and you would have bet, you can get a bonus out of this to compensate. If your hand was crap and you intended to steal, it probably won't work.

Last year, I had a situation somewhat like yours -- I had aces up and was betting all the way, but on the river card, no action buttons appeared. I couldn't bet, check, or anything. My hand got folded and I lost the pot. I immediately called Party with the hand history number. At first they denied having a problem with their software, and said I need to turn off acceleration on my graphics card -- I replied that I had already done that because of past problems. I pointed out that I'm a regular player and could they PLEASE just look at the hand; it was obvious that I would have bet. I begged them to review the hand several times. Don't give up! I finally gave her the number and she said to hold on a moment. . . they reviewed the hand and gave me a consolation bonus of $50 (no deposit necessary, 50 raked hands to clear.) The bonus amount was actually more than the pot (after subtracting my contribution to the pot), so I made out on the deal.

When talking to them, just remember: the majority of phone call complaints they get are BS; loser or idiots looking for refunds. Their attitude is based on that. Bear with them and you'll get through.

cardcounter0 11-29-2005 02:45 PM

Enjoy!

pshabi 11-29-2005 02:55 PM

I'll echo mogobu. Persistence and professionalism are key.

I've had 3 bonuses now due to some different issues are party where support needed to become involved.

Don't give up, don't ever give up.

SNOWBALL138 11-29-2005 03:06 PM

Update

Victory!

I had to speak with a supervisor, and it took me 15 minutes or so, but they gave me the money with no strings attached. I don't have to play a single hand to clear it.

They seriously need to check my hand behind next time.

Veni Vidi Vici

Jeffage 11-29-2005 03:52 PM

Re: Update

How's that break working out for you? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff

BigHef 11-29-2005 06:11 PM

Re: Update

I had the same thing happen not long ago with the nuts on the river - $130 pot, Party admitted I had the winning hand to me and said they'd give me $50 for nothing out of goodwill.

Better than nothing I guess, can't say I was expecting much from Party, am still a bit worried about the flaw in the software costing more in the future