Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Did Mat just kill that thread? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=211779)

Custer 03-12-2005 03:23 AM

Did Mat just kill that thread?

The thread about the rake back problem at PokerNow has apparently just been eliminated. I know there was a couple of inappropriate mentions of specific affiliates, but the thread as a whole was quite appropriate.

soah 03-12-2005 03:24 AM

Re: Did Mat just kill that thread?

I demand to know what MicroBob wrote! I went to read his reply and it wasn't there. =(

Custer 03-12-2005 03:34 AM

Because this site that accepts advertising revenues from rack back sites (look at the top right, not to mention the classifieds), they should be much more open to rack back related discussion. NOT ADVERISING, but discussion. There was very little advertising in the deleted thread and all of it was obviously inadvertant. Yet the whole thread was deleted. The censorship (which is needed) went way too far in this instance.

lorinda 03-12-2005 03:37 AM

There was very little advertising in the deleted thread and all of it was obviously inadvertant

That's pretty inaccurate at best.

Lori

Custer 03-12-2005 03:54 AM

In the 73 replies that I have and can still view, 3 affiliates were mentioned. One was in the original email text and was referred to but never directly and independently commented on. One was mentioned as an affiliate who paid (possibly but unlikely advertising). The other one was blatant advertising, but that poster followed by showing his true reason for posting by providing some good info. Another mentioned that he was an affiliate but gave no further details. IMO 7 or 8 replies could have been deleted and the thread would have been fine. But as someone who wants all rakeback to die I can see why you might disagree.

soah 03-12-2005 04:00 AM

The thing is that it's basically impossible for an affiliate to respond to that thread without revealing the fact that they are an affiliate. Assuming they are actually posting any useful information.

Custer 03-12-2005 04:04 AM

Just post the information without even infering you are an affiliate. Like this:

PokerNow is under serious pressure from iGlobalMedia (sic) to drastically change their affiliate programs. There is a real chance many affiliates will not be paid this month or in the future.

(the above is not known to be accurate in any way. It is merely a language example)

PsYcHo-ScHnAuZeR 03-12-2005 04:05 AM

You should cut and paste those replies into this thread (minus any spam)

Custer 03-12-2005 04:07 AM

I don't have the time right now (huge day of basketball betting tomarrow) but maybe I will tomarrow evening if the discussion is not recreated.

PsYcHo-ScHnAuZeR 03-12-2005 04:10 AM

That's cool. It is only the really great posts (like MicroBob and other experts) that need to be preserved. I don't care about the whiny posts that don't really say anything.