Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   This play needs a name... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363285)

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 10:48 PM

Re: This play needs a name...

[ QUOTE ]
Am I going to get flamed if I say I don't like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol not if you can give some good reasoning. why dont you like it?

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I going to get flamed if I say I don't like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Considering that the OP is NLSoldier, the answer is probably yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh stfu.

baronzeus 10-22-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was complimenting you!!!!!!

if someone was gonna insult you they'd say something like "this play is worse than using a toothbrush as a sex toy!!!"

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was complimenting you!!!!!!

if someone was gonna insult you they'd say something like "this play is worse than using a toothbrush as a sex toy!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

lautzutao 10-22-2005 11:11 PM

Well, aren't you going to be swallowing back vomit if this river isn't bet here by villian?

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, aren't you going to be swallowing back vomit if this river isn't bet here by villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he checks through with a 7 or PP then yes. But those are not very likely of flop raising hands for him imo. If he checks through with a draw thats fine, our only chance of making anything was by inducing a bluff anywyas. More likely he has a pair he that will bet, that he checked the turn with to avoid the CR.

lautzutao 10-22-2005 11:31 PM

But with a checked through turn, aren't we more likely to get called here anyway if we bet? Inducing a bet doesn't seem like it's something I want to be doing often. Too much risk in it backfiring to me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I guess if you have a read on villian saying he's going to bet here then yeah that's great. But you seem to be making a general statement that this play is good to try . You didn't provide enough info for me on when this play is the [censored]...

Jeff W 10-22-2005 11:38 PM

I'd call it "I should have donk bet the turn."

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

surfdoc 10-22-2005 11:40 PM

How about the "fold preflop play".

Seriously though, is this a standard limp? Even with a poster it feels wrong from MP.

imported_CaseClosed326 10-22-2005 11:41 PM

The double freebee?
Or just "The free showdown with a strong hand"