Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Many things i'm confused about NLHE 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392673)

soko 12-06-2005 02:42 PM

Many things i\'m confused about NLHE 6max

Do you ever open limp?

How strong of a hand do you need OOP to bet after the flop (2-3 opponents)? Do you check vunerable hands and not protect your hand simply because you might be behind (weak kickers, medium pocket pairs on rag boards w/ maybe 1 overcard, etc)?

Is there any reason to complete SB with marginal hands with early limpers if you have to play out of position, the best you can really hope for is a hand strong enough to win the preflop calls like 2 pair (1 in 50).

Is it too tight to never play any aces (suited or not) lower than AJ and only from late position? Fold AJo UTG?

I'm sure I will think of more.

djoyce003 12-06-2005 03:30 PM

Re: Many things i\'m confused about NLHE 6max

you really need to post some hands.

1) do you ever open limp - yes, small pocket pairs only.

2) How strong of a hand do you need to bet after the flop OOP? This is way too general to even begin to answer without writing a 700 word paper.

3) is there any reason to complete in the sb with marginal hands after limpers - yes, implied odds is the reason...suited hands things like that.

4) dude that's way too tight. I raise AJo UTG. I raise AT utg. I fold A9o UTG. In late position I raise any ace if i'm first in.....

Post some hands.

theweatherman 12-06-2005 03:35 PM

700 words does not count as a "paper" more like a response. Its only 2.5 pages. 1500+ is a paper.

beavens 12-06-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
700 words does not count as a "paper" more like a response. Its only 2.5 pages. 1500+ is a paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps you missed the point, senor nit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

stu-unger 12-06-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) How strong of a hand do you need to bet after the flop OOP? This is way too general to even begin to answer without writing a 700 word paper.

3) is there any reason to complete in the sb with marginal hands after limpers - yes, implied odds is the reason...suited hands things like that.

4) dude that's way too tight. I raise AJo UTG. I raise AT utg. I fold A9o UTG. In late position I raise any ace if i'm first in.....

Post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is right on the money...

djoyce003 12-06-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps you missed the point, senor nit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

spliff 12-09-2005 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What pairs do you raise with UTG or first in ??

AA-JJ ?

Moozh 12-09-2005 06:46 AM

For 6-max, I would go ahead and open-raise UTG with 66 if the table is behaving. If it's a bit rowdy, I might tighten up to 77 or 88.

djoyce003 12-09-2005 10:17 AM

UTG I'll raise 99-AA, with an occasionaly attempted limp reraise. But i'll also limp-reraise with crap too and show it so they don't always know what I have.

I typically play 88-22 for set value in early position and it's been working for me. I'll raise 55-88 first in in late position, and limp with the other pp's.

poincaraux 12-09-2005 02:04 PM

You might be interested in reading fimbulwinter's general starting hands.