Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   DVD Commentary Tracks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322700)

felson 08-25-2005 04:15 PM

Re: DVD Commentary Tracks

Some parts of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator 3 commentary were unintentionally hilarious. Mostly his comments about women.

Blarg 08-25-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Which insight, not to mention which scene of a prolonged act of public urination, he swiped from one of those Police Squad movies with Leslie Nielsen.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the first Naked Gun! movie. Unbelievably funny scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, great scene. My guts hurt from laughing at that one.

BiffMan 08-25-2005 04:25 PM

Holy Grail has to be my favorite... Ranks right up there with Spinal Tap for me.

TimTimSalabim 08-25-2005 05:36 PM

I'm only a moderate Star Wars fan, but the commentary on the episode 4/5/6 series of DVDs is awesome.

Also, I never liked Rounders that much, but the commentary made it much more interesting (to say much more would be a violation of OOT rules [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

youtalkfunny 08-26-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roger Ebert's commentary is awesome on the Citizen Kane DVD (if you're not already a Citizen Kane historian).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only watch one DVD commentary in your whole life, make it this one.

I watched the movie, and thought, "Well, that wasn't a bad movie. I don't see why everyone calls it the greatest film ever made."

Then I watched the Ebert commentary, and he enthusiastically explains all the SFX and photographic techiniques which were pioneered in this film, and also points out symbolisms that the casual viewer might miss.

Dr. StrangeloveX 08-26-2005 03:22 AM

Fight club has a couple commentary tracks that are funny as hell.

diebitter 08-26-2005 05:28 AM

John Carpenter and Kurt Russell's commentary on 'The Thing' is pretty funny and well worth a listen or two.

Blarg 08-26-2005 09:47 AM

Yeah that was pretty decent.

Zurvan 08-26-2005 09:52 AM

Fight Club has 2 good ones - the actors & director, and the one with the author & screenwriter. The second is a bit dry, but very interesting. Especially if you like the books.

Another good one is from the Almost Famous: Untitled extended edition DVD, with Cameron Crowe, his mom, and maybe a few others. Since this is based on a true story, it's interesting to hear the real versions of what happened. His mom is annoying as hell though.

Blarg 08-26-2005 09:56 AM

Hmm, I loved that movie, but I saw a version that had no commentary. Thanks for the heads up, now I'll re-rent it just for that commentary.