Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AJo, I hate it when this happens... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307397)

mikeyvegas 08-04-2005 03:04 AM

AJo, I hate it when this happens...

Going through a pretty rough stretch now and I'm afraid it might be ma king me think a bit weak tight. Is this an bad turn fold? Bad guy in this had was a 20/1/1 with about 100 hands played.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB\

Edit: added stats on villain

A_C_Slater 08-04-2005 03:15 AM

Re: AJo, I hate it when this happens...

Fold flop.

You have six outs getting 8.5 to 1 but you may have to discount the A and J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You may even hit a non ace heart or jack and lose to JT or AT.

Sometime you just gotta let em have it with them donk bets. Plus you need a better hand to overcall than to call.

Nick C 08-04-2005 03:16 AM

Edit: Sorry, I misread the action.

A_C_Slater 08-04-2005 03:17 AM

Jeez. Now that you edited in the villian's stats the flop fold is even easier.

Nick C 08-04-2005 03:23 AM

For some reason I thought you were the one who bet the flop.

Now that I realize it was BB who did instead, I think it's a good turn fold.

I'm pretty worried about AT here. I think BB checked the turn either because he improved to top two or because he flopped a set and thinks you'll like the ace.

I agree with A C Slater, by the way, that it would probably be best just to fold the flop.

But I like your turn play.

A_C_Slater 08-04-2005 03:30 AM

It's the easiest flop fold ever.

You're getting 8.5 to 1 and you need 7 to 1 to call assuming all your outs are clean, but a ROCK is betting into you and you may have to give yourself only 4 outs. Making this flop call is worse than calling with a gutshot, because when you hit a gutshot it will be a stronger made hand than your TPTK and less vulnerable to redraws.

True, you may have enough implied odds to call in the gutshot scenario, but just barely with a rock.