Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   loose turn call. uncharacteristic of my weak tight self (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325570)

amoeba 08-29-2005 10:35 PM

loose turn call. uncharacteristic of my weak tight self

Didn't find out villain was 2+2 until later. but seemed fairly solid and not too out of line. I haven't been stealing that much but button raise when folded to always seems fishy.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:

something seems off with converter.

anyways, I raise to 4 preflop when folded to on the button.

bb calls.

pot on flop is $8.

bb leads for $6. I call with the straight flush draw. its possible this lead is lower flush draw but not very likely.

pot on turn is 18 or 19. bb leads for $15. he has about 70 or 75 left. I call?

TheWorstPlayer 08-29-2005 10:40 PM

Re: loose turn call. uncharacteristic of my weak tight self

Yup, I call. You have 13 outs to the nuts and 2 more outs which are probably good. Occasionally you even have 3 ace outs, although you certainly can't count those for much. Looks like a good call to me since he probably has a pretty strong hand here and he's OOP. I doubt he's check/folding a club river. Won't have much implied odds on a J, but he probably won't check/fold that either. More likely bet/fold or check/call something smallish.

amoeba 08-29-2005 10:42 PM

from his play I don't think its AK or AQ. I think its either 2 pair or set.

the flopped straight is possible of course.

I thought about raising the flop but I think that would have gotten a 3 bet coming my way.

TheWorstPlayer 08-29-2005 10:44 PM

Raising at any point in this hand without the nuts is very bad.

stu-unger 08-29-2005 10:44 PM

i like it. u have position, so i see no reason to raise on the flop.

crosse91 08-29-2005 10:45 PM

i'd call here, whats our opponenets range of hands and will he call when you hit?

amoeba 08-29-2005 10:46 PM

how short would villain have to be for turn to be a fold?

I'm thinking if he had only 50 or less left I would have folded.

amoeba 08-29-2005 10:49 PM

I think his range is a made hand higher than 1 pair. maybe AK. although I would think he would reraise from BB to an open button raise. not enough hands to know though. I feel same way about KK and maybe QQ. however, KQ, TT, are high on my list with AK and QT a distant 3rd and 4th.

if I river another 3, I'm certain I'm taking his stack assuming he doesn't boat. if I river the A, I don't think I'm goign to raise his river blocking bet and might even check behind on the river.

if I hit the straight, I don't think I'll get too much out of it maybe half pot.

if I hit the flush, I think I'm good for at least 2/3 pot.

crosse91 08-29-2005 10:49 PM

well i'd say about the same. I'd need/want about 3-3.5 to 1 call this bet. 50 bucks is exactly right.

TheWorstPlayer 08-29-2005 10:53 PM

Hmm...seems like we are in complete agreement except I'm not sure if a 3 is an easy raise. I guess it is, now that I'm thinking about it. He most likely doesn't have a set here. Very much more likely that he has a set here. Very much more likely that he calls your raise with two pair.