Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party update slowed down the game??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233804)

Soh 04-16-2005 07:12 PM

Party update slowed down the game???

Hi,

I have a friend who plays 8 tables at Party and Empire and says the computer seems to be slower since today's(?) Party Software update.

Specifically, he says that the tables freeze for a few seconds and go back to normal. This happens a lot and sometimes they all freeze and don't come back to normal.

He usus PokerTracker and GameTime+, but this was not happening before.

Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks

Soh

BusterStacks 04-16-2005 07:38 PM

Re: Party update slowed down the game???

Yes I'm experiencing this.

spamuell 04-16-2005 07:49 PM

It happened to me but I thought it was because I was using PV testing. I switched to stable and it hasn't happened since but I've barely played since switching.

Reef 04-16-2005 07:57 PM

online poker is rigged. that is all

Soh 04-16-2005 07:58 PM

Thanks for the info.

He doesn't use PV but it seems to happen even without PV or GT.

Soh

memphis57 04-16-2005 08:03 PM

I've always suffered the freezes, they don't seem to be any worse than usual based on one short session sample. But it's much easier to get a seat at a table, again based on a short sample. So far i like.

Soh 04-16-2005 09:28 PM

No wonder I win [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

RolldUp 04-16-2005 09:56 PM

GT kills me on freezes, PV works nice [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Delphin 04-17-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I have a friend who plays 8 tables at Party and Empire and says the computer seems to be slower since today's(?) Party Software update.

Specifically, he says that the tables freeze for a few seconds and go back to normal. This happens a lot and sometimes they all freeze and don't come back to normal.

He usus PokerTracker and GameTime+, but this was not happening before.

Anyone experiencing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been seeing the same thing, and I think it is server lag on Party's end. They probably have a lot of people downloading the new client and probably don't have seperate dedicated bandwidth for distributing it, so it is affecting the game. Battle.net used to have the same problem whenever they would issue a new starcraft patch. Give it a week or so for everyone to get the patch and I think it should get better.

vilemerchant 04-17-2005 02:56 PM

That's a good point, the updates seem to download very quickly so it would suck a lot of bandwidth out of the server. That's why when you DL files from a Quake3 server it sends them at a slow speed so as not to lag up the game.