Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Flu Epidemic O/U (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352450)

imitation 10-07-2005 11:26 AM

Flu Epidemic O/U

Not sure if this should be hear or one of the other gambling forums, but I thought it might be good here. This was sparked by a thread in stock market on the effect of Avian Flu on the world's economies but I think the over and under is an interesting place. I'm putting the bar at 5yrs.

Vavavoom 10-07-2005 11:28 AM

Re: Flu Epidemic O/U

I'd sell 5 years all day long...

They are thinking this xmas in the UK....(Bird Flu)

imitation 10-07-2005 11:33 AM

I'm calling the over, I think flu virus stuff is all bs. The theory I constantly here is, we haven't had one for a long time so like we're due....sounds like gamblers falacy. Wooooh better put all my money on black reds been up 5 times in a row.

10-07-2005 11:36 AM

this thing looks really scary...and it could mutate to be easily spread by humans any time now. Was just talking about this last night in Microbiology class...it could and will mostly likely be some scary sh-t! they're estimating millions will die

ddollevoet 10-07-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
estimating millions will die

[/ QUOTE ]

One could hope....

I am in the BS camp as well...

10-07-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling the over, I think flu virus stuff is all bs. The theory I constantly here is, we haven't had one for a long time so like we're due....sounds like gamblers falacy. Wooooh better put all my money on black reds been up 5 times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]although I wish it was all a hoax, it's actually a real virus that has already killed people in asia...it's not so much that oh is been a long time and we're 'due' for a pandemic...the point is that if this thing does spread, we aren't prepared with vaccinations and if you do get it, you're pretty much screwed

10-07-2005 11:51 AM

http://my.webmd.com/content/Article/...m?pagenumber=1

ddollevoet 10-07-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]although I wish it was all a hoax, it's actually a real virus that has already killed people in asia...it's not so much that oh is been a long time and we're 'due' for a pandemic...the point is that if this thing does spread, we aren't prepared with vaccinations and if you do get it, you're pretty much screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

They said the same thing about SARS 2 and a half years ago.

mmbt0ne 10-07-2005 12:16 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And West Nile.

imitation 10-07-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And West Nile.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

anyway i think losing a few billion would do our world good, survival of the fittest and all that