Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Dunkin' Donuts sucks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301469)

BruceZ 07-27-2005 01:46 AM

Dunkin\' Donuts sucks

The best kind of donut by far is black raspberry filled, the kind that is so stuffed with filling that you can see dark red pools just below the surface. The kind that threatens to squirt all over you if you bite it in the wrong place. For years Dunkin' Donuts didn't carry these. Instead they carried the vastly inferior grape jelly filled, with a little dab of jelly in the middle of a sad squashed and often stale powdery shell. Then for a short time they had black raspberry filled, and now they don't carry them again, at least not around me. A chain called Mister Donut used to make an excellent one, but the ones near me closed down. The popular Krispy Kreme carries a black raspberry filled donut, which makes Dunkin's decision even more surprising.

ggbman 07-27-2005 01:47 AM

Re: Dunkin\' Donuts sucks

I love their sausage egg and cheese sandwich with an iced coffee. Their chocolate chip muffins are also quite good IMO.

Brainwalter 07-27-2005 01:48 AM

Krispy Kreme pwns Dunkin Donuts in every category. Coffee possibly excluded.

wacki 07-27-2005 02:01 AM

Haven't had a donut in years.

*looks down*

Yep, I can still see my penis. Wooohoo!!!!!!

bernie 07-27-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't had a donut in years.

*looks down*

Yep, I can still see my penis. Wooohoo!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lololol

I wish chicks used this test. Subbing their feet for the penis.

Not a big fan of Krispy Kreme. Can they put just a lil' more sugar on 'em? Jesus. Just how much friggin' glaze do they need. Have a little donut with your glaze? Why not call it a donuted glaze? That'd be more appropriate.

And yes, Dunkin' Donuts suck. Especially at 2:30am when they are like hockey pucks.

But every donut tastes good when fresh.

b

ChipWrecked 07-27-2005 02:17 AM

Tacking on to the current "What to do in Atlanta.." thread:

When I lived near the Ponce de Leon Krispy Kreme, I used to stop in on my way home from partying from time to time (OK, all the friggin' time). I got so well known to the ladies on the line, they would make me hot chocolate glazed. OMFG. I came very near never being able to see my penis again.

As an aside, Atlanteens know that Ponce is a dicey part of town at best... but the KK at four in the morning is one of the safest places in town. Yes, you know why. There's always some of Atlanta's finest hanging around the store.

scrub 07-27-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The best kind of donut by far is black raspberry filled, the kind that is so stuffed with filling that you can see dark red pools just below the surface. The kind that threatens to squirt all over you if you bite it in the wrong place. For years Dunkin' Donuts didn't carry these. Instead they carried the vastly inferior grape jelly filled, with a little dab of jelly in the middle of a sad squashed and often stale powdery shell. Then for a short time they had black raspberry filled, and now they don't carry them again, at least not around me. A chain called Mister Donut used to make an excellent one, but the ones near me closed down. The popular Krispy Kreme carries a black raspberry filled donut, which makes Dunkin's decision even more surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first BruceZ post that I have totally disagreed with.

Dunkin Donuts rules, and filling donuts with any sort of jelly or jam is dumb. It distracts throws off the crucial balance of sugar and fat that makes the donut such a wondrous creation.

Krispy Kreme donuts are ok, but they are too sweet. Also, they don't come with the gallon of Dunkin Donuts iced coffee that is the second best thing about Dunkin Donuts.

scrub

astroglide 07-27-2005 02:38 AM

krispy kreme doesn't do it for me because they don't have chocolate long johns. i basically never eat donuts.

tbach24 07-27-2005 02:57 AM

Glazed donuts are my favorite. Sometimes I'll get chocolate covered with sprinkles though.
The Sausage, egg and cheese on onion is amazing.
Iced coffee (no flavor) with milk and splenda/sugar is awesome.

My friends and I use it as our hangout sometimes because we can be loud there and we can't in our houses (since people are sleeping) and it's open 24 hours a day. I just got back from there too.

jakethebake 07-27-2005 08:32 AM

I like the apple fritters and/or blueberry cake. Mmmmmmmmm....cake.