Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Oaks club food (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=190067)

haakee 02-04-2005 04:22 PM

Oaks club food

Is there anything edible on their menu? Any recommendations?

SossMan 02-04-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Oaks club food

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've only ever had the kung pao chicken. Edible is the most positive adjective I would assign it.

StevieP 02-04-2005 04:59 PM

Everytime I'm there I get turned off by people slopping it up on Asian cuisine that is kinda stinky. I've heard a few food poisoning stories. I once sat next to a dude eating shrimp salad that was 70% runny mayo and 30% frozen baby shrimp. Nasty. Eat at your own risk. There's actually a great mexican place down the street on San Pablo nearby. I think it's called La Cantara or something like that..Good luck!

scrub 02-04-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go to Bay Street and eat at that weird place with the shish kebobs and mashed potatos.

scrub

heropretend 02-04-2005 06:23 PM

I've only been going 2 weeks now.

Ive had their fried rice which was not terrible.

The burger and tuna melt were also decent.

The french fries were actually the best thing I've ate there. They're a thicker version of Jack n the Box fries, so they don't taste too much like potatoes, but are nonetheless good.

I just won't eat anything asian at a cardclub...maybe a bowl of noodles, but everything else just doesn't smell right. Food is one area where I will go with my read.

btw, heading over there in an hour or two. I'm the Japanese kid seeing 50% of the flops.

SossMan 02-04-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the Japanese kid seeing 50% of the flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that helps. Might as well have said "I'm the guy with a shirt on, say hi"

heropretend 02-04-2005 07:14 PM

haha. dammit, ok, I'll be on a 1-2 to 3-6 table with a tiny buddha on top of my chips.

I hope to watch some of you guys on the 30-60 tonight.

M2d 02-04-2005 08:30 PM

steak with bell peppers there is the nuts

riverboatking 02-04-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to watch some of you guys on the 30-60 tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

are they spreading a 30-60 now?
i haven't been there in about 8 months, since i gradutated but when i was there the highest was the 15-30.

Nightwish 02-04-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I'm there I get turned off by people slopping it up on Asian cuisine that is kinda stinky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me about it! I can't even remember how many times I've had people spill some nasty soup on me at Bay 101. These people slurp it up, chew with their mouths open, and the fact that most of them are missing teeth means that half of that food ends up all over the place. *Shudder*