Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Yet Another Big River Fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324403)

Michael Davis 08-28-2005 07:18 AM

Yet Another Big River Fold

5-10 6-max

The last hand I threebet the same guy with some hand (I don't remember what) and the guy to my left coldcalled the three. He's relatively new to the game but he's coldcalled a lot, and though he sucks he's not just a spewing moron, as in an earlier hand with two aces on board he raised me on the flop with 77 but went into check-call mode when some guy behind coldcalled. So he's not a mindless bettor.

Preflop: hijack openraises, I threebet from the cutoff with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The button coldcalls three and the hijack caps.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hijack bets, I raise, button coldcalls, hijack calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, hijack folds, I threebet, button caps.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I'm getting 18-1 and I checkfold.

-Michael

ghostface 08-28-2005 07:26 AM

Re: Yet Another Big River Fold

What if he has 44?

ALL1N 08-28-2005 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if he has 44?

[/ QUOTE ]

stinkypete 08-28-2005 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if he has 44?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Davis 08-28-2005 10:06 AM

I didn't really think he could have 44, because I think he would have checked the river with that hand, and I am basing that on the fact that he actually slowed down with 77 on the AAxx board (both cards under a 7) when somebody coldcalled his flop raise.

However, of course these guys make stupid plays like just firing through with 44 all the time.

-Michael

Poldi 08-28-2005 11:09 AM

I think its a very bad fold. Button showed that he is not a very competent player with his coldcalling. The 3 queens on board make it less likely that he has one.
He probably wouldnt coldcall the flop and then raise the turn with a higher pair because the 2nd queen hit.
Imo 44 is very likely here, at least surely enough to call this getting 18:1. Stuff like this can cost you a lot of money. Dont try to be a hero [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oilcan 08-28-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..in an earlier hand with two aces on board he raised me on the flop with 77 ...

I'm getting 18-1 and I checkfold.

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing what he did in the above hand, he might have
Q-x, but he might also have PP 44's - AA or KJs, JTs.

I call. but hate to.

regards

psyduck 08-28-2005 06:50 PM

Whyyyyyyyyy? Are you really 95% sure you're beat?

It's just one more big bet! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jba 08-28-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, of course these guys make stupid plays like just firing through with 44 all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

surfdoc 08-28-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet Another Big River Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it sure as hell is.