Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I won't use that brand of bleach. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344853)

Stuey 09-26-2005 05:42 PM

I won\'t use that brand of bleach.

Do they really think there could be a difference?
What are some other examples?

I know a guy that won't put any lighter fluid in his zippo but for the brand name zippo lighter fluid. Have they no shame or am I missing something? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Clearly there is a line but where is it?
I draw my line at ketchup I need my brand when it comes to ketchup and I think there is a difference.

2+2 wannabe 09-26-2005 06:43 PM

Re: I won\'t use that brand of bleach.

cereal is one thing that I won't sacrifice - only brand name stuff

people that use advil instead of "no-name" ibuprofen kinda bug me, especially when they say it works way better

Mason Hellmuth 09-26-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I draw my line at ketchup I need my brand when it comes to ketchup and I think there is a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true. Heinz ketchup absolutely blows the "other guys" out of the water.

mmbt0ne 09-26-2005 06:47 PM

Bleach (household) = sodium hypochlorite

Bleach = Bleach

Stop using different brands.

Same with asprin. Asprin = C6H4(OCOCH3)CO2H

Bayer asprin is not better than any other storebrand asprin. In fact, to put asprin on the label, it has to be that chemical formula.

B Dids 09-26-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true. Heinz ketchup absolutely blows the "other guys" out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real. This is not an area in which you can be half-assed.

Eurotrash 09-26-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bleach (household) = sodium hypochlorite

Bleach = Bleach

Stop using different brands.

Same with asprin. Asprin = C6H4(OCOCH3)CO2H

Bayer asprin is not better than any other storebrand asprin. In fact, to put asprin on the label, it has to be that chemical formula.

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody paid attention in chem 101 I see. vn.

benfranklin 09-26-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bleach = Bleach

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly:

[ QUOTE ]
Household bleach sold for use in laundering clothes is a 3-6% solution of sodium hypochlorite at the time of manufacture. Strength varies from one formulation to another and gradually decreases with long storage.

Wikipedia

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses 09-26-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

people that use advil instead of "no-name" ibuprofen kinda bug me, especially when they say it works way better

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but what about the release mechanism? Are gel-caps or caplets or pills or tablets any different in terms of how quickly the active ingredient gets released?

Stuey 09-26-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but what about the release mechanism? Are gel-caps or caplets or pills or tablets any different in terms of how quickly the active ingredient gets released?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought caffeine made it work faster also does advil contain caffeine or other catalysts we don’t' know about to speed the pain relief?