Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AQs playalong (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288186)

xenthebrain 07-07-2005 02:39 PM

AQs playalong

Only read, BB is weak tight-agressive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="blue">Hero ?</font>

We start on the flop.
I don't waited for everyone telling us to raise preflop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Say what you would do and why

2+2 wannabe 07-07-2005 02:41 PM

Re: AQs playalong

easy check

there's a million people on the flop and you have ace-high

this is super standard

@bsolute_luck 07-07-2005 02:44 PM

closing action: fire a shot. pretty ragged unless someone has pocket 4s or 9s. checked through, anyone could fire at you on the turn and you could fold a live hand. only weak backdoor draws, you have overcards, and any fold improves your chances at this point.

newfant 07-07-2005 02:44 PM

I bet to try and find out where I stand. If there's a check-raise, I'll call one bet cold but may fold if it's two to me. The pot is big, you have position, and you may have the best hand = bet.

Bodhi 07-07-2005 02:48 PM

I check. I don't think anyone will believe me if I bet, I have no backdoor draws, we have 5 opponents, and I don't want to get check-raised. Meh - I give up, roll over and cry. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

2+2 wannabe 07-07-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fire a shot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I bet to try and find out where I stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is really poor with 4/5 others on the flop when you don't have the best hand 9.5/10 times

Bodhi 07-07-2005 02:49 PM

Yeah, I don't see what kind of reliable information we'll gain by betting. "Hmmmm. 3 of them called. That means they don't have a 9, or they do have a 9 and are slowplaying."

madscratch 07-07-2005 02:50 PM

I'd bet. There are 2 nines and it's a ragged board. Maybe a tricky player is sitting on a nine and maybe someone holding a 4 calls, but hopefully you'll clear out the field a bit and maybe get it checked around to you on the flop.

VoraciousReader 07-07-2005 02:51 PM

You know, we have tons of people in and a chance to see the turn for free. We can't fold out everyone AND they all have odds that would make a call correct.

I'm going to check, closing the action.

deception5 07-07-2005 02:52 PM

I bet because:

1.) There's a chance I have the best hand.
2.) There's a possibility of a check/raise from early position which will thin the field making it more likely that I could draw to the best hand.
3.) There is a chance that players will fold hands like 78/JT for one bet now while they may not fold later and I don't like giving them infinite odds to see the turn, picking up oesd/gutshot/pair/flush draw.

Edit: 4.) The pot is large. Even if 1 player folds I make it up in equity