Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AQs -- a standard 3/6 hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269905)

Waloonga 06-10-2005 07:50 AM

Re: AQs -- a standard 3/6 hand?

Nick - got a verdict on the outcome? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

bakku 06-10-2005 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But really.. fold flop. You have nothing to do in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the flop is a crime against humanity.

Nick C 06-10-2005 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nick - got a verdict on the outcome? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, I need to go to sleep.

But I will give the results when I wake up.

Entity 06-10-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It got 3-betted preflop, normally when people do that they have AA KK QQ JJ AK TT, flop comes KT7, you have 4 outs to a gutshot and thats more or less all you got. Even if you hit your gutshot you will lose sometimes to a full house. I think its an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding this flop is terrible getting 11.3:1.

Rob

brettbrettr 06-10-2005 10:07 AM

I don't care how passive he is, I'm still raising him. I think he's have folded 55 by now, and you probably would have heard from KT on the turn. He probably has KXh. If he 3-bets, call and cry, but I like a raise here.

brettbrettr 06-10-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now what do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry.

27offsooot 06-10-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if do not count overcard, 4 outs to a gutshot and backdoor flush draw make 10-1 flop call profitable due to implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting odds like that, you can make any call profitable. Even with implied odds, it would be a marginal call. Include reverse implied odds and you are toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very, very wrong. You're getting 11.33:1 here. You only need 10.5:1 with 0 IO on the GS. The GS is to the nuts here. Plus u have a bd nutter. You're getting enough to call simply from ur effective 5.5 outs (completely eliminating A/Q outs). You can't assume somebody already has a set and u have some RIO if he catches fills up. If anything u lose a very small portion of your outs. So, I'll grant that u could have as few as 5 outs which is still more than enough to call. Also, your IO are higher than normal when facing a 3-bet PF and completing a broadway straight.

bigalt 06-10-2005 01:29 PM

i could see folding if someone was left to act behind you but you're closing the action here. spike a jack on the turn and they only have one card left to fill up (10 outs, max), and you're raking it in.

eleventy 06-10-2005 01:42 PM

I'd call. Your good here often enough getting 8:1

private joker 06-10-2005 01:55 PM

I'd cry and fold. Saving 2BBs is nice. Do it here, because you're not good 12% of the time. This is almost always a better hand than the nut flush. By somebody. TT, 55, KK, and KT are all possibilities, and your opponents would be playing badly to hold them, but I think you're pretty dead here.