Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A6s w00t (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408147)

oreogod 12-31-2005 04:33 AM

A6s w00t

Ive sat at what appears to be a good 10/20 table. As far as flop action the guy to my right seems to be one of those Laggish players who will raise light a ton on the flop, hence my flop action (even then its debateable, sure).

SB: kind of tarded
UTG: weird preflop, laggish postflop especially on flop (tarded)
BTN: no real read.

Anyway, on this hand all streets are up for debate but Im really curious on turn and river.

Im in BB w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 limpers and a SB complete to me, I check.

Flop:7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 sbs)
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, I call, Lag calls (sigh), <font color="red">BTN raises (OMG YES)</font>, sb calls, <font color="red">I 3bet</font>, UTG calls, BTN calls, sb calls.

Turn:9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 bbs)
<font color="red">sb bets</font>, <font color="red">I raise</font>, <font color="red">Lag/UTG 3bets</font>, <font color="red">BTN Caps</font>, sb calls, I call, Lag/UTG calls.

River:9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">sb bets</font>, My action?

Alex/Mugaaz 12-31-2005 04:54 AM

Re: A6s w00t

I probably wait until the turn to raise.

Honestly I'm almost sure you're beat here with this much action postflop where there was no preflop raise. I probably call the river anyway.

wackjob 12-31-2005 04:55 AM

safe fold on the river. since you just got counterfeit you aint winning this pot.

12-31-2005 05:01 AM

I think a flop raise is necessary being 4 handed. It was fortunate BTN raised, but in many situations you are going to turn 4 handed, which spells doom for you hand. I think it should be a turn fold, seems as though button is clearly representing a set, and you are likely out of outs with another player probably holding an ace.

wackjob 12-31-2005 05:10 AM

Taking a second look, I think your flop play is correct and I think you should probably fold the turn. Given that you didn't fold the turn, you definately should be folding the river every time.

tolbiny 12-31-2005 10:36 AM

I think you have to toss this on the river. folding the turn is hard, but with 2 back to you and three opponents- what do they all have, big aces that they are overplaying? A7 crushes you,, a set crushes you, 8t or 85 for a straight.
Hands you are good against- 76, 97,96, Flush draw. None of your oppoenets can have a hand that curshes you right now for a call to be correct.

krishanleong 12-31-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably wait until the turn to raise.

Honestly I'm almost sure you're beat here with this much action postflop where there was no preflop raise. I probably call the river anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard. Click the fold button.

Krishan

wheelz 12-31-2005 11:49 AM

not much of a decision on the river.

partygirluk 12-31-2005 12:23 PM

River is an instafold. I like your flop line, it gets people on tilt!

KramerTM 12-31-2005 01:56 PM

Easy fold on the river. I doubt you were best heading into it anyway. Your play up until then seemed fine though.