Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Does anyone actually enjoy New Years Eve? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407361)

slickpoppa 12-29-2005 08:49 PM

Does anyone actually enjoy New Years Eve?

New Years Eve is such a crappy holiday. I have no problem with having another excuse to get wasted, but I could really do without all the hype and bullsh1t. It is built up to be the greatest party night ever, but it is always dissapointing. You always have to make "plans" for NYE. God forbid you decide that night what you are doing. Everywhere you go is overpriced and crowded. In most of the country the weather sucks. It seems like everyone I have spoken to recently about NYE feels the same way. Anyone in here actually enjoy New Years Eve more than just a normal weekend night?

12-29-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Does anyone actually enjoy New Years Eve?

As much as I party, I barely enjoy NYE as much as a weeknight. Its stupid, because all the amateurs come out to play.

fsuplayer 12-29-2005 08:52 PM

nope.

JihadOnTheRiver 12-29-2005 08:53 PM

No I don't. I can't stand it, but I always thought I was one of the minority on this one. I don't really dig clubbing anyways, but every NYE the girl HAS to go get drunk somewhere that costs WAAAAY too much. It sucks.

12-29-2005 08:55 PM

I also view NYE as an excuse for people who are to stupid and uptight to have fun normally, to drink and act like an idiot. America, is the guy at the bar, that uses booze as an excuse to be a complete douchebag, and expects no repercussions, "because the drink made me do it". Bah [censored] humbug.

shadyridr 12-29-2005 08:56 PM

I dont know a single person who actually likes NYE

asofel 12-29-2005 09:07 PM

I like it...its not something I wait for and go crazy over...but people usually try to throw a better than average party...and given that its a holiday, i'm more likely to see friends I haven't in a while...

pooh74 12-29-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I party, I barely enjoy NYE as much as a weeknight. Its stupid, because all the amateurs come out to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the "ultimate amateur night"

whiskeytown 12-29-2005 09:14 PM

I'm on [censored] strike

No Christmas, no New Year's - esp. if we get that 5-7 inch snowstorm they're predicting...

I still got a quarter ounce, 4 cases of pop, and three frozen pizzas - I'm golden for new years [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

12-29-2005 09:17 PM

First New Years in Vegas, if this one sucks they all will. Also trying to get hit on by a hooker (hasnt happened yet, guess I don't look like I need one)