Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Sometimes I forget to think about what the opponent migth have (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393331)

Peter 12-07-2005 10:29 AM

Sometimes I forget to think about what the opponent migth have

When I have a good hand, I sometimes forget to think about what the opponent might have. In this hand that happened on the turn. Do you play it the same, or do you call the turn, raise the river and then fold to a 3bet?
Also, what about the flop?

SB is 39/15/1.45 over 233 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Peter is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Peter calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Peter calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Spicymoose 12-07-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Sometimes I forget to think about what the opponent migth have

Flop is good, but after SB leads again, I figure I have big kicker problems, and just call down.

kiddo 12-07-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is good, but after SB leads again, I figure I have big kicker problems, and just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, and those times he is on a bluff u like him to bet river

Zygote 12-07-2005 02:43 PM

you should call the turn and raise a non-spade river.

Spicymoose 12-07-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And are you calling a reraise?

krishanleong 12-07-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems right to me.

Krishan

Zygote 12-07-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ofcourse

Spicymoose 12-07-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ofcourse

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your plan seems like major spewage. You raised preflop, and then 3-bet after someone bet, and someone else raised. Then, SB continued to lead into you. What do you put him on here? Raising the river forces you to call just incase, but then you are putting in 2 extra BB when you are behind (which is often). I cant really see too many hands SB could have that we beat, so I really dont see why you want to raise the river.

Edit: I think the title of this post is well fitting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TwoNiner 12-07-2005 02:54 PM

I wouldn't worry with raising the river it looks so much like he just didn't want the turn to get checked through. Maybe if the river is something like an A that solves your kicker problem, but your never gonna be ahead of a reraise on the river, only hoping to chop so the whole raising situation doesn't seem good for me.