Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KQo from SB, a hand similar to my recent AQs post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401082)

RustyCJ 12-19-2005 12:08 AM

KQo from SB, a hand similar to my recent AQs post

New to the table, no reads.

I thought this was a similar situation to my recent AQs post located here

People got after me for not 3-betting in this post and they are fairly similar situations.

So this time I 3-bet and led the turn.

Also going to add I'm not crazy about playing KQo in a raised pot but in this situation I didn't mind doing so.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls $1 (All-In), MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls $0.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: 17 BB

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 12:22 AM

Re: KQo from SB, a hand similar to my recent AQs post

Bummer about the river. I'm still raising PF. Otherwise it's good.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-19-2005 02:00 AM

Looks good. Nice river card.

milesdyson 12-19-2005 02:09 AM

nh all the way around. every street was played correctly.

DC - 3-betting preflop here with KQo is overkill, but i think you didn't notice that UTG+1 already raised. even then, i don't like raising KQo in teh smallbie with this many players in.

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nh all the way around. every street was played correctly.

DC - 3-betting preflop here with KQo is overkill, but i think you didn't notice that UTG+1 already raised. even then, i don't like raising KQo in teh smallbie with this many players in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I didn't notice that. Change me to a call. It's debatable with this many players, but I don't think it's significantly +/- EV one way or the other. And I like action [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

RustyCJ 12-19-2005 07:23 PM

and same as my other hand, MP1 has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], made the flush on the turn and didn't raise with it.

CO took it down with TxT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

friends 12-19-2005 07:33 PM

I do not like bet on flop, if opponents have outs (on this dangerous flop they of course have) by this bet you just give them the money. Even gutshot draw is right to call your bet.
Check-raise, IMHO, is much better option.
In this hand check and raise after CO bet may drive out UTG and MP1, and the hand would continue in absolutely another way.