Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   These kind of hands seem to be all the rage, so ... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357773)

cold_cash 10-14-2005 05:54 PM

These kind of hands seem to be all the rage, so ...

Hand 1

SB seemed tight/passive up until this point, and the game seemed to be running him over a bit. He had not raised pre-flop or checkraised in the 30 or so hands he had played.

Empire Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

----------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2

This guy was kind of a spaz. He didn't raise much before the flop, but seemed very agressive post-flop.

Empire Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, planning to call a raise.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

milesdyson 10-14-2005 05:58 PM

Re: These kind of hands seem to be all the rage, so ...

i would need to raise the turn or river in hand 1. i'd probably wait for the river. i just don't think this guy resists slowplaying trips on the flop.

hand 2 i like, but i think there are several ways to play it well. 3-bet preflop, lead the flop. check raise flop and lead. check call flop and check raise turn. so many options and they all look good against this guy.

PokerSparky 10-14-2005 05:59 PM

Hand 1: I would have raised the turn. Villain probably has an over pair.

Hand 2: I play it the same.

benkath1 10-14-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would need to raise the turn or river in hand 1. i'd probably wait for the river. i just don't think this guy resists slowplaying trips on the flop.

hand 2 i like, but i think there are several ways to play it well. 3-bet preflop, lead the flop. check raise flop and lead. check call flop and check raise turn. so many options and they all look good against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

check call flop and check raise turn.

^^^I like this one for hand 2.^^^

Hand one i play the same, but maybe raise the river.

deception5 10-14-2005 06:24 PM

Hand 1: I'd like to get another raise in - either turn or river.

Hand 2: I'd either 3-bet preflop or check/raise the flop and lead the turn.

mojobluesman 10-14-2005 06:26 PM

Hand 1. I'm getting in a raise somewhere. Most would probably prefer waiting for a big bet, but I might raise the flop. If he re-raises, I might be tempted to toss it on the turn against this player UI. If not, I lead for as long he sticks around.

Hand 2. The same. I'd consider going for a check raise on the river, but he might not bet with that second 9 coming out. He may fear you've been sticking around with a pair of 9s.

scotty34 10-14-2005 06:49 PM

Hand one, I would have raised the turn and hand two, my default is to C/R the flop.

McGahee 10-14-2005 07:37 PM

I'd raise the river in hand #1. You're just ahead too often and you can probably muck to a 3-bet, but this player probably won't even 3-bet trips anyway, thinking that you hit T's full or something.
Hand #2 I like.

Shillx 10-14-2005 07:42 PM

Hand 2 is fine (there are lots of fine ways to play it). Raise the river in hand 1 duder.

Entity 10-14-2005 07:48 PM

Find a raise somewhere in hand #1. Probably the turn, sometimes the river.

Find a raise somewhere in hand #2. Probably the flop, sometimes the turn.