Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   And Now For Something Completely Different (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192621)

andyfox 02-09-2005 01:53 AM

And Now For Something Completely Different

All fold to me in late position and I raise with black pocket queens. All fold behind me to the tight, unimaginative small blind who calls, and the tighter, unimaginativer bigger blind who also calls.

Flop comes a black three and the two other queens, the red ones. Both check to me and I check.

Turn is an ace, no flush possible. Both check to me and I check.

River is something. Small blind mucks and big blind says "you win." I check. Big blind now mucks before I show.

And my hand is good.

DcifrThs 02-09-2005 02:03 AM

Re: And Now For Something Completely Different

[ QUOTE ]
And my hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocker.

-Barron

Zeno 02-09-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes a black three and the two other queens, the red ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I assume this occurred at the Commerce, is there some importance to stating 'the red ones'. If two more black queens came on the flop would this really be of any concern, again, because of the Commerce Factor?

I can't believe you didn't bet the flop and give away your AK hand and possibly win a few more bets.

Or not.

But at least by betting the flop you either win more money or speed up the game. And I assume the speedier the game the more you win in the long term.

Or not.

-Zeno, Or not.

PassiveCaller 02-09-2005 04:00 AM

after i forget to bet the flop, and then decide to cleverly check the turn... I probably would have rushed out a suspicious looking bet on the river attempted to make it look like you are responding to the confusion but otherwise oh well YHIG! ;-)

bobbyi 02-09-2005 04:22 AM

Cool, I used that post title once. I really wish I had something productive to add other than that to justify this post, but I guess bumping up something by andy is never a bad thing. I like your use of "unimaginativer".

jfunk 02-09-2005 04:49 AM

Does everyone agree that you should almost always bet this flop?

TStoneMBD 02-09-2005 04:53 AM

checking the flop and turn is ok , but not betting this river doesnt make any sense unless you want to show your hand to the table for image purposes.

bobbyi 02-09-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone agree that you should almost always bet this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

CardSharpCook 02-09-2005 05:02 AM

GIVE THEM SOME FREE CARDS!!!! Actually, it depends on how others see you. If you bet, bet, bet all game long - and then all of a sudden you check after a flop like that.... I wouldn't call anther bet even if I caught running aces!.... well, maybe if I caught running aces.... Against players like these, the free cards is the way to go. Against testosterone-filled players (you know, the guys who think the urinal trough in the mens room really IS a pissing contest) I bet the flop with the comforatble knowledge that someone else will PRETEND to have a queen.

CSC

jfunk 02-09-2005 05:05 AM

I feel that it would be hard for a tight unimaginative player to bet into you here but much more feasible that he would call down with a mid pocket pair, which is why I would bet the flop. A flop bet is the best disguise for your hand, no?

I'm new here so feedback is appreciated.