Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hand from the Orleans (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260971)

Irieguy 05-28-2005 01:35 PM

Hand from the Orleans

This was a final table hand from a live multi:

Ante: 500, Blinds 1500/3000. 8 players left, chip counts approximate.

SB (55,000)
BB Hero (38,000)
UTG (7000)
UTG+1 (70,000)
MP1 (20,000)
MP2 (15,000)
CO (25,000)
Button (20,000)

UTG goes all-in for her last 7000 and UTG+1 calls. UTG+1 is trying to be loose-aggressive with his stack, but he's easy to control and easy to read. He calls and it's clear that he doesn't want to put any more chips into this pot preflop.

Everybody folds to the BB Hero who has 6s7s.

There's 22,500 chips in the pot and it's 4,000 to call.

Payouts:
1st: $5k
2nd: $3K
3rd: $1,800
4th: $1,400
5th: $1,200
6th: $950
7th: $750
8th: $650

What to do?

Irieguy

BDarch 05-28-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Hand from the Orleans

I would reraise all in because you can then eliminate UTG+1 and it gives you plenty of dead money in the pot for a chance to outdraw UTG

SuitedSixes 05-28-2005 01:49 PM

Plan A)
Normal tournament "etiquette" is that you call and check down with UTG+1 to eliminate UTG, but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for here. If I am confident that I can out play UTG+1 post flop, I'm going to call and see if I can't get some more chips out him while UTG is eliminated.

Plan B)
If everybody is wanting to make a deal, I'd keep saying stuff like "why would I want to make a deal with you clowns, you have no chance... I'm double barrelling Heinekens and pwning you all BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Then, once we get down to 3 players and I'm toasted to the point where I can barely see the board anymore, and they start begging for a deal I'd finally I say "Ok, we'll split it even on one condition: You guys HAVE to go to the strip club with me afterwards and we all have to go to the VIP room." Then, we'd all go to Jaguars.

But you'd probably do something different.

oxymoron 05-28-2005 01:53 PM

You have a good read on him so I would call and outplay him on the flop.

microbet 05-28-2005 02:22 PM

How likely are you to extract any money from big stack if you hit your hand? Doesn't sound too likely. Given that and the fact that you are pretty sure he/she folds to a preflop push, why not push and give yourself the best chance at winning the same amount of chips as if you had called for the same price?

Also, with 67s you are very unlikely to beat shorty if you don't improve at all so there isn't much use in a stone cold bluff after the flop.

johnnybeef 05-28-2005 02:25 PM

i think this is a clearcut raise...heres why: you are getting 6:1 on your call and with a suited connector you will never be that big of a dog. furthermore, if the big stack calls your raise, you will be able to outplay him later in the hand.

edit: oops 6:1 was on the call....even still i like a min raise if you are that confident that he will not come over top of you.

BDarch 05-28-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oops 6:1 was on the call....even still i like a min raise if you are that confident that he will not come over top of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

for that reason I think its best to push since you put maximum pressure on him and are almost certain he will fold.

Matt R. 05-28-2005 02:46 PM

Hrmm, I think this decision is tougher than what it appears to be at first -- I originally thought it was an easy call but I'm not so sure. Your implied odds with a mid-suited connector are non-existent since you only have 12-13 BB's left in your stack. However, your current pot odds are fantastic so you definitely can't fold. After thinking about it more, and given your confidence in your read that UTG+1 won't put any more money in, I think a push is in order with the dead money in the pot. If a 6 or a 7 flops I wouldn't feel comfortable putting more money in (given the shortness of your stack) on most flops, so a pre-flop push would feel safer. You'd have to check fold most flops anyway. I think the big drawback is showing UTG+1 and the rest of the table you're willing to make this play with 67s. They're going to be a lot more willing to call you later on, and with the blinds this high I don't think you want that. Great post, the hand didn't look that interesting at first glance.

valenzuela 05-28-2005 02:48 PM

this is directed to everyone:
Im not sure Irie wants the image of a guy who re-raises all-in with 76s so I would fold. Of course I might be wrong since Im preety much clueless when it comes to anything thats not a party SNG.

Matt R. 05-28-2005 02:57 PM

I agree that this is the problem with re-raising all-in. However, the size of the pot relative to Irie's stack size is huge and the blinds aren't going down anytime soon, so if you're going to make a move like this I think this is the perfect time. I just really don't like the option of calling here when you know you're going to have to fold most flops (and betting when you do catch a pair with this short of a stack is really risky).