Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hmmm JTs UTG raise hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305592)

Shillx 08-01-2005 09:14 PM

Hmmm JTs UTG raise hand

The hand took place pretty late on a Friday night at the Wynn (4/8) so we were all pretty loaded at the time. There were a few fellow 2+2er's at the table so the game was one of the "play well but only when the flop comes" type games. It made it pretty tough to recognize who is who since we are all playing pretty LAG preflop.

Reads: Non 2+2er super solid kid to my left wearing headphones. The guy next to him is the villian in this hand. I have no read on him but I think he might be a 2+2er. All other non 2+2ers are the usual soft spots.

Wynn Las Vegas 4/8 HE 9 Handed

Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG.

Hero raises, solid folds, Villian coldcalls, 2 other bad players coldcall, SB calls and BB folds.

Flop (11 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets and Villian raises. Everyone else folds and Hero calls.

At this point, I'm thinking that he isn't a 2+2er though I'm still not sure. If he is, he could be coldcalling PF with a good hand like AQs or he might be "floating" me with crap.

I feel like calling the flop raise is better then reraising given what I know. Agree? Like a repop?

Turn (7.5 BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero leads out and Villian calls.

River (9.5 BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian bets and Hero raises...

The rest of the hand isn't really important for the sake of discussion though it is interesting. Results to follow and thanks for all replies/analysis.

Cheers,
Brad

DeathDonkey 08-01-2005 09:17 PM

Re: Hmmm JTs UTG raise hand

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the turn bet.

-DeathDonkey

Bradyams 08-01-2005 09:18 PM

Why?

shadow29 08-01-2005 09:20 PM

ghey

Paxosmotic 08-01-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Shillx is using the board pairing scare card as a cover to value bet. Often, when a bet comes out of nowhere, the person doesn't appear to have what he has. That's why Shillx is able to check-raise on the river, because Villain isn't giving him credit for the J.

I like it all the way. Unimproved overs, pocket pair, missed flush draw?

istewart 08-01-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Shillx is using the board pairing scare card as a cover to value bet. Often, when a bet comes out of nowhere, the person doesn't appear to have what he has. That's why Shillx is able to check-raise on the river, because Villain isn't giving him credit for the J.

I like it all the way. Unimproved overs, pocket pair, missed flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff.

SCfuji 08-01-2005 09:28 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

McGahee 08-01-2005 09:39 PM

I really like the turn lead because it kinda makes it look like you don't have a J against a thinking player.

I guess I'm not good enough yet to decide when these river plays are any good. I guess yur thinking he won't call a bet but he might bluff with his busted flush? Also, are these river pwnage plays kinda frowned upon in live games?

McGahee 08-01-2005 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the turn lead because it kinda makes it look like you don't have a J against a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I thought for sure nobody else would've mentioned this [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Good comments all around. Too bad he didn't raise.

LesWormMurphy 08-01-2005 09:54 PM

I don't like the EP raise with JT suited.

Except for that though, you played it well.