Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preflop question, SB 1 limper. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371160)

11-03-2005 04:19 PM

Preflop question, SB 1 limper.

No reads.

Sorry for what seems rather simplistic i guess, but this does seem to be a leak of mine as im really not sure at all what to do here preflop.

Seems like a raise could take control of the hand, and possibly get it heads up.

it also turns an open bet with one overcard in to a continuation bet oop with a decent chance of taking down the pot on the flop, where on most ragged flops im likely ahead.

worth it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

tiltaholic 11-03-2005 04:22 PM

Re: Preflop question, SB 1 limper.

[ QUOTE ]
No reads.

Sorry for what seems rather simplistic i guess, but this does seem to be a leak of mine as im really not sure at all what to do here preflop.

Seems like a raise could take control of the hand, and possibly get it heads up.

it also turns an open bet with one overcard in to a continuation bet oop with a decent chance of taking down the pot on the flop, where on most ragged flops im likely ahead.

worth it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem here is "No reads."

for that reason I'll limp.
depending on other factors, i might raise.

but reads are key.

like, will bb fold to a raise pf?
does UTG suck postflop?
are they weak and will they fold to a flop bet?

TheKentock 11-03-2005 04:23 PM

This is a situation where I love to limp. Your hand is decent, but not great, and you will be OOP against one or 2 opponents with a hand that not many flops help. I prefer to sneak in getting 5:1 and see if my magic flop materializes.

I just think you can lose a lot more money by raising preflop and then being forced into continuation bets OOP on most flops. If you don't have a read on the guy or you aren't really good at postflop HU, I think it can be a big short-handed leak.

On a side note, Is anyone noticing the glitch in the converter? It says 8 players when there are only 7 preflop, and 4 players when there are only 3 on the flop. Anyone know why?

shadow29 11-03-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the problem here is "No reads."

for that reason I'll limp.
depending on other factors, i might raise.

but reads are key.

like, will bb fold to a raise pf?
does UTG suck postflop?
are they weak and will they fold to a flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you turn into a better than good poker player?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Respect.

11-03-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, Is anyone noticing the glitch in the converter? It says 8 players when there are only 7 preflop, and 4 players when there are only 3 on the flop. Anyone know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats weird as. it could be because people were sitting out.

im fairly sure... it was 8 preflop
and 3 on the flop