Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ethical situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292986)

EricW 07-14-2005 07:43 PM

Ethical situation

I was heads up against this player and he had a 4:1 chip lead on me. His internet has been wonky all game. As we were heads up, his internet died. His blinds were auto folded to me and every bet I made was auto folded.

Should I wait until the guy gets back or do i take him for all his worth trying so I can catch up/win?

curtains 07-14-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Ethical situation

No you are within bounds steal all his chips in this situation. There is a reason I pay money for 2 internet connections every month and I will relentlessly steal blinds of those who get disconnected as I expect others will do to me.

EricW 07-14-2005 07:46 PM

Ok cool. I took him for all that he was worth and when he got back, he had 300 chips left [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

tigerite 07-14-2005 07:51 PM

Next time, bet faster. Seriously, you're in this game to only look after #1, right? I do the same every time.

1C5 07-14-2005 07:54 PM

I bet also. Screw waiting for him.

Nottom 07-14-2005 07:57 PM

One time I sat at a $50 HU SNG on UB and my opponent never played a hand becasue he was either AFK or disconnected. Easiest $50 ever. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Yugoslavian 07-14-2005 08:02 PM

This isn't really an interesting ethical dilemma at all.

More interesting would be if your opponent was like your best friend's g/f or something....and you were afraid she'd find out and then make your life a living hell through pussy-whipping your friend. On the flip side, perhaps if you just dumped your chips to her she'd hook you up with her hottie hot hot friend named Samantha....who devours cocks like no one else and who loves to cook delicious mexican and/or chinese food 24/7.

So yeah...your situation is relatively pretty simple.

Yugoslav

the shadow 07-14-2005 08:04 PM

karma's a bitch.

The Shadow

A_Junglen 07-14-2005 08:07 PM

Once my opponent was apparently out of disconnect-protection(s) and on the river in a big pot he was disconnected, and the dealer pushed me the pot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Meatmaw 07-14-2005 08:19 PM

To really maximize, once you've determined that your connection is more likely to last than his connection, take the maximum time possible on every hand you play in the hopes he disconnects and you can score the most chips.

but yes, no ethical probs here. I think of it as building my bankroll for when I lose connection on $220 worth of tables.