Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Am I the only one not multitabling? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393378)

MyMindIsGoing 12-07-2005 12:58 PM

Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

I can see both tables at the same time, that is not the problem.

joeski19 12-07-2005 12:58 PM

I normally only play 3-4 tables. I've done 6 before but I can only play for an hour like that. I'll start missing check raises, and I feel like a robot. I really can't see how you guys play 8 tables, and still play good. Also when you play 8 tables do you ever time out on your turn because you have a hand at 3 other tables?

MyMindIsGoing 12-07-2005 12:59 PM

The problem is that I might try to play too good on both tables you mean?

mittman84 12-07-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally only play 3-4 tables. I've done 6 before but I can only play for an hour like that. I'll start missing check raises, and I feel like a robot. I really can't see how you guys play 8 tables, and still play good. Also when you play 8 tables do you ever time out on your turn because you have a hand at 3 other tables?

[/ QUOTE ] yes, if I am playing more than 4 tables i feel very robotic also. I dont have a problem timing out while playing 8 tables, and actualy play faster than more the donks at the tables. If you have 2 screens where you can see all your tables than it is pretty easy not to time out

soko 12-07-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no reason to play online besides multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because not living in a gambling state is irrelevant.

12-07-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 7 to 10 tables on a 17inch crt piece of crap. sometimes i do time out, sometimes i fold monsters, sometimes i raise junk, sometimes i forget what position I'm in and try to raise for a free card, only to find I was the small blind and had checked. It can be very funny sometimes. I've still managed to keep a winrate of over 3BB/100 at the 1/2 tables.

I would suggest for the OP to drop in stakes and then try 2 tables. If you've been single tabling for a long time, your brain is going to take longer to adjust. Kinda like the relationship/break up thing.

12-07-2005 01:49 PM

You are not the only one. I play one table and get totally involved in the tournament. I can play two, but I feel rushed at times and it causes at least one mistake per tournament. And one mistake can be all it takes. I can't imagine playing 8 at once.

imported_The Vibesman 12-07-2005 02:54 PM

I'm just learning to multi-table myself. Just got PT and PA Hud and a 1200x1600 monitor for that purpose. I have a hard time playing more than two tables when it comes to postflop play. I expect it will get easier when I get more used to the software.

Still, I play best when only playing one table. Lately I have been on a long break-even streak, and have started just playing one table at a time again to concentrate on my game.

SNOWBALL138 12-07-2005 02:55 PM

Did you grow up playing video games? I think that helps.

MyMindIsGoing 12-07-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you grow up playing video games? I think that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I never owned a x-box or whatever, only computers, on gaming were not the nr 1 priority.