Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What happened to Prima? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355062)

DWarrior 10-11-2005 02:46 AM

What happened to Prima?

I decided to try Prima for the 45% rakeback. I went to the tables, and realized the 10-handed .25/.50NL (50nl-equivalent) is just like the ex-Party Skins. The lobby said 35-50%, but the VP$IP was closer to 15, PFR was less than 4, and average pots were ridiculously low.

I was doing well at first, but the went on a cold streak, had no action on my big hands and when I did they always sucked out (my KK was my biggest losing hand). Ended up down quite a bit

The rakeback was also idiotic, I got something like $3/hr 4-tabling, whereas on Party I had at least $6/hr.

Was this just variance, or is Party the only place worth playing? (or am I just really bad).

Synergistic Explosions 10-11-2005 02:52 AM

Re: What happened to Prima?

Choreograph that post and I'll make a Broadway play out of it.

HesseJam 10-11-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The rakeback was also idiotic, I got something like $3/hr 4-tabling, whereas on Party I had at least $6/hr.

Was this just variance, or is Party the only place worth playing? (or am I just really bad).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that might be a perennial problem for you since the low limit rake on Prima is way lower than compared to Party.

I suggest that you play the Cryptos instead because of their atrocious rake in low limits. Your rb will be way higher even if you get only 30% [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DWarrior 10-11-2005 03:19 AM

Yeah but then I'll be paying more rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My real concern was the rake computation, perhaps those were different somehow.

I don't want to pay more rake just so I can get a larger amount of money back.

Sniper 10-11-2005 03:25 AM

The rake computation is the same!

SirArthur 10-11-2005 03:51 AM

Last year at this time the NL 100 & NL 200 games on Prima were crazy loose. I doubled up nearly every K/K & A/A hand, and also when I hit a set. (Barring Suckouts)

I've tried Prima a few times this year, and wow, all the games are so rockish.

Like you said, maybe one person outside of the blinds seeing the flop.

I tried alot of 6 max NL on there, thinking the fish went to the SH play, and the games are equally tight.

Needless to say, I play elsewhere 99% of the time, and miss those crazy games of last year at Prima.

DWarrior 10-11-2005 05:22 AM

What are some other easy sites with people playing?

I've heard Noble was pretty good, too bad it doesn't go with PT.

thewildone 10-11-2005 08:49 AM

fish are at the higher limit games on prima. 1/2 and 2/4nl short handed games. And the 5/10 fixed short handed also juicy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DuggleBogey 10-11-2005 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Choreograph that post and I'll make a Broadway play out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is DAMN funny.

Time of day really seems to be a huge impact on Prima. It's the swedish fish theory.

stoxtrader 10-11-2005 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The rake computation is the same!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect I think.

I have understood that party calculates rake as ottal rake for the hand/# of players dealt in.

Prima: total rake for the hand * percentage of the pot you contributed, win or lose.