Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Borgatas new tournament setup. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257679)

TheJunkyardGod 05-23-2005 01:24 PM

Borgatas new tournament setup.

I'm excited to see that they've done way with all the rebuy tournaments. Has anyone played in any of the new tournaments? I've always been interested in playing in live tournies but have had no luck in all of the rebuy events.

mostsmooth 05-23-2005 02:35 PM

Re: Borgatas new tournament setup.

when did they get rid of the rebuys?
and , did they switch to only one tourny per day yet?

CCx 05-23-2005 02:37 PM

looks like two a day according to the website

linky linky

supposedly they switched them over earlier this month

Webnasty 05-23-2005 03:22 PM

I've played in both formats. Same caliber of player. The new format makes the play a little tighter at the beginning, but not that much different. Definitely more subdued atmosphere, much less hooting and hollering that used to go on due to reckless play with the rebuy safty net.

Brain 05-23-2005 11:29 PM

I'm sure this varies per day and per buy-in, but about how many people do they get for a tournament? I'm not a NL guy and probably won't get down for one, but I was just curious.

cwsiggy 05-24-2005 12:55 AM

Praise the Lord!! Someone finally got rid of the rebuy all in fests!! I will definitely be going soon to play in one of these. (I so realize that rebuys have their own strategy but I for one don't like them)

PITTM 05-24-2005 01:09 AM

man, i wish there were legitimate poker tournaments like that in the bay area. most of the tournaments you pay like 150 to get 1k in tournament chips and start with 25-50 blinds...great, im feeling shortstacked already and we havent started...

rj

CCx 05-24-2005 06:48 AM

Very limited sample size, but I've played in a couple of the morning tournies when they were in the rebuy format, and the biggest field I saw was 130.

RollaJ 05-24-2005 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm excited to see that they've done way with all the rebuy tournaments. Has anyone played in any of the new tournaments? I've always been interested in playing in live tournies but have had no luck in all of the rebuy events.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what Ive seen Id guess it was taking too much of a toll on the poker room staff, havent played one yet..... but I look forward to it

TheJunkyardGod 05-24-2005 12:01 PM

I was there last tuesday for a friends party and was down in the room hanging out with some friends at a 2-4 table. The kid who won the tournament said there was about 120 entered. So for a tuesday night thats pretty impressive, I imagine the friday tournament pulls in close to 200