Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No one plays a flush like that....do they? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393428)

Kyriefurro 12-07-2005 01:25 PM

No one plays a flush like that....do they?

Villain is an overall poor player and doesn't show much sign of intelligence. So when I saw a seat open on his immediate left I jumped at the chance to take it. Over all he's maniac/LAG pre-flop and somewhat passive post-flop (64/26/0.9). He likes to make plays on the river, though, sometimes without a hand. He has more than once called a large river bet with bottom pair.

I've been running just a bit cold on this table. In recent play villain has twice snapped off my C/B - once by moving all-in - when I missed the flop.

0.50/1 NLHE 6-max <font color="blue"> (5 players) </font>

Hero has 142.45
UTG has 93.22

Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG <font color="red"> raises to $4 </font>, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $12 </font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls

($25.50) Flop <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets $81.22 (all-in), Hero.........?

BTW, is the $12 raise PF about the right size, or should I raise more/less?

orange 12-07-2005 01:33 PM

Re: No one plays a flush like that....do they?

Noone usually plays a flush like this. But it could be a 'oh I'm scared 2p or set' hand.

Andrew Fletcher 12-07-2005 01:36 PM

People also like to do this with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and crap.

12-07-2005 01:37 PM

I might push a flush here if I called with suited connectors. I do not want to play it slow and have another heart come off.
I wouldnt always push, but I wouldnt want to immediately rule out the possiblity and call with only 1 pair.
I can think of a couple live games, i flopped a low flush in the BB and checked raised all-in knowing an opponent is semi bluffing the lone ace.

11t 12-07-2005 01:37 PM

Muck this flop, what are you hoping villain has? AQ with no heart?

Kyriefurro 12-07-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noone usually plays a flush like this. But it could be a 'oh I'm scared 2p or set' hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make even less sense than playing a flush this way. Villain would pretty much guarantee that he'd loose the maximum and win the minimum. Then, again, I *did* say that villain isn't very smart, didn't I?

So, you think I should fold this?

SonOfWestwood 12-07-2005 01:39 PM

Wow... I'd probably fold this, but I'm a big wimp.

Short of it being a complete bluff, my hunch is that he doesn't have the flush and is trying to protect whatever he has, which is probably something like pr + a big heart, 2 pr, set, maybe even just a big heart I guess. You'd be beating something like AQ, but I'm too much of a wimp to make a call like this.

beavens 12-07-2005 01:40 PM

fold and wait for a better spot.

Kyriefurro 12-07-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might push a flush here if I called with suited connectors. I do not want to play it slow and have another heart come off.
I wouldnt always push, but I wouldnt want to immediately rule out the possiblity and call with only 1 pair.
I can think of a couple live games, i flopped a low flush in the BB and checked raised all-in knowing an opponent is semi bluffing the lone ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I agree I'd play it pretty hard. And c/r all-in is very different than open-pushing. With a c/r you at least have an idea if your opponent likes his hand or not. The open-push here is what's confusing me on this hand.

12-07-2005 01:42 PM

IMO, this is a baby flush, set, or 2P. All of which have you beat. Fold and pick a better spot to stack this guy. A bluff or semi-bluff is not out of the question. However, this would have to be the case a significant portion of the time to make calling this correct.