Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stud8 - Day 3, Hand 4 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381754)

Aaron W. 11-19-2005 08:24 PM

Stud8 - Day 3, Hand 4

Should I raise 3rd? I've got a probable 8-low draw and the bring-in. I had actually expected the 9 to fold, but he didn't. This is a little different from this hand from last week because I'm not the first to voluntarily enter the pot. At what point does a pair of aces go from raise to limp? Or does it ever do that when the ace is exposed?

On 4th, when the 9 paired his door card, I got worried about two pair or trips. But I also figured that he might be reading my hand as a low draw, in which case I'm still ahead. Should I hang around with this hand or let it go?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (2.40 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.40 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.40 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (8.40 BB)

benwood 11-19-2005 10:05 PM

Re: Stud8 - Day 3, Hand 4

Sure. Raise 3rd. If you get heads up with the 8, that is fine. If you just win the antes, that is ok, too. I would limp when a bunch of lows come in before it gets to me instead of locking a lot of people in. I want to play the A's against a small field if possible. On 4th, you're basically playing high only stud. With the pot this small, I would just forget it & fold in this dangerous situation.