Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Wintermute aka Fat_nuts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375870)

FeliciaLee 11-10-2005 05:26 PM

Wintermute aka Fat_nuts

I have had a repeated problem with Wintermute circumventing the cursing filter. Mostly he does it in a non-harmful way, attemting a humorous or jesting type post. Lately he has been pushing to see how far he can go on the Omaha 8 forum.

Today I posted regarding the conversation I had with Mat about the cursing filter, and how I felt about those posts. He immediately attacked my post, calling it "f-ing bulls-" by circumventing the filter.

I gave Wintermute a 3-day suspension and banned the Fat_nutz account altogether due to futher abuse.

Please respond if anyone has a problem with this. From what I can tell, most of you wish I'd let him remain banned (he was banned for an OOT post) from 2+2 in the first place.

Also, although I gave him a 3-day suspension, I still see that he is logged on to 2+2. Are banned members allowed to lurk, just not post? Or does the suspension take a while to kick in? Am I missing something here?

TIA,

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stabn 11-10-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Wintermute aka Fat_nuts

I would tell him he's gone for good if he ever does it again. He's been around long enough to know filter circumvention is not allowed and he should have already stopped after your first warning. I might even make him go through the hassle of PMing mat in 3 days and having him explain to mat why it is so important for him to cirucmvent the filter in order to effectively post here.

FeliciaLee 11-10-2005 06:53 PM

Re: aka Rawbabies?

I suspect you are correct. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I guess it just kicked me in the butt.

I also suspect several other aliases, including Rawbabies. I just banned that account for repeated abuse/cursing and made a note that he would have to get permission from Mat to re-enter.

I have not been watching all of the posts in O8 due to a cold, and I see that he has been posting the same kind of thing over and over again as many different aliases. Oy, vey!

[ QUOTE ]
I would tell him he's gone for good if he ever does it again. He's been around long enough to know filter circumvention is not allowed and he should have already stopped after your first warning. I might even make him go through the hassle of PMing mat in 3 days and having him explain to mat why it is so important for him to cirucmvent the filter in order to effectively post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim Kuhn 11-11-2005 12:45 AM

You can ask Mat to ban the ip address.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

beset7 11-18-2005 02:28 AM

Anyone in the know:

I talked over IM with Wintermute and he says that he was told that he could "start from scratch" with a new account but that his Wintermute account was permanently banned. Felicia is out of town or I would ask her for the scoop. The only thing in his notes is that he was given a 3-day suspension for repeatedly avoiding the profanity filter.

I personally don't see why we would ban someone and then have him start from scratch with a new account. If he is willing to shape up why not just give him another shot, or unequivocally ban him and all his secondary accounts and/or IP address? Thanks

beset7 11-19-2005 03:35 AM

No help here? I'm going to probably just unban him. His notes say 3-day suspension and he's one of the best omaha8 players who posts here. Matt? Going once...

Lloyd 11-19-2005 02:41 PM

Mat's out of town for the weekend (per his other post). I think you've given sufficient time for somebody to respond and given the notes I'd unban him, maybe remind him that if he abuses the filter again he'll be facing a longer suspension or ban.

beset7 11-19-2005 06:41 PM

Thanks Lloyd.