Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($11) 77 tiny M, standard push?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406338)

12-28-2005 03:07 AM

($11) 77 tiny M, standard push??

UTG has done this raise in EP with a wide range of hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

BB (t1905)
UTG (t1805)
MP (t745)
Button (t2860)
Hero (t685)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero goes all in, UTG calls t485.

yvesaint 12-28-2005 03:12 AM

Re: ($11) 77 tiny M, standard push??

hooray, push, nh (next hand)

ZeroPointMachine 12-28-2005 03:38 AM

PLease forget anything you read about M when playing STT. M as defined by Harrington is supposed to reflect the number of rounds you can play before being blinded out. The fact that you are short handed in most "low M" STT situatins and that the blinds accelerate based on the number of hands rather than with time makes the whole concept useless for STT. Read the FAQ, learn ICM, post hands, and if you ever meet Dan Harrington stab him in the eye for ever publishing that M crap.

12-28-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLease forget anything you read about M when playing STT. M as defined by Harrington is supposed to reflect the number of rounds you can play before being blinded out. The fact that you are short handed in most "low M" STT situatins and that the blinds accelerate based on the number of hands rather than with time makes the whole concept useless for STT. Read the FAQ, learn ICM, post hands, and if you ever meet Dan Harrington stab him in the eye for ever publishing that M crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if M is crap when do you know when to push when youre short stacked? Do you base it off your stack x the BB?

wildzer0 12-28-2005 03:37 PM

I sorta skipped over that part of HOH because it didn't seem to apply all that much to SNGs, but for what it's worth. I definitely do not push here. You have a pretty good stack for a party tourney and this is probably one of those rare times I actually play a flop. I'm sure people will disagree with me, but I call here.

Edit: Misread the post, thought Hero was the one with the 2860 stack. nevermind. push away!

TWINUNO 12-28-2005 03:42 PM

I think if your pushing becuae you want to get all your money in with the best hand its a push but if your doing it to try to make him fold then i def wouldnt push here, as he will call you. Calling is out of the question IMO. If no one were o enter this pot a push is essential.

ZeroPointMachine 12-28-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if M is crap when do you know when to push when youre short stacked? Do you base it off your stack x the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Generally anytime you have less than 10xBB you are in a push/fold situation. There is some gray area in the 8-10 BB range for some players. 8xBB or less is a mandatory push/fold situation except for very rare situations.

12-28-2005 03:45 PM

Why not try a stop and go

UCF THAYER 12-28-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you are out of position for that.

ZeroPointMachine 12-28-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A stop-n-go wouldn't be terrible, but your inviting BB into the hand and I really think at this level you have just a little bit of FE with a push.