Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Questionable plays on all streets.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317430)

LImitPlayer 08-17-2005 08:43 PM

Questionable plays on all streets..

BB in this hand is 55/18/1.6
No stats on UTG but he Stop N Go's a lot with 2nd and 3rd pair, checkraises a lot with any piece of the board or and draw.
MP is 62/2/.4
Button is 48/8/1.4
No reads on the SB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

An ok limp after 2 limpers? Or is this a raise/fold?

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

My plan here was to raise the turn on any non A-K and make it more expensive for the BB to chase overs. Should I have raised this flop? UTG was capable of raisng with any piece of the board.

Turn: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

OK, so the cold call by the BB really scared me. My TPGK doesn't look so good anymore.

River: (17 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

I figured chances were good I was still ahead of UTG here as his stop N go didn't realy mean much. He had been doing this a lot with any piece. I raised the river hoping I could fold out a better hand held by the BB.

If UTG doesnt bet out on this river is checking correct?

Final Pot: 21 BB

wackjob 08-17-2005 08:49 PM

Re: Questionable plays on all streets..

I hate preflop. Fold this crap hand. The only play you made that I like was the turn raise.

fisherman112 08-17-2005 08:52 PM

you overplayed your hand significantly. fold pf. why are you raising the river?

RunDownHouse 08-17-2005 08:59 PM

I can't pick out the worst part of the hand, but if you forced me to do so, it would be the river. BB isn't folding any better hand, UTG may have you beat, may fold to a raise if you are good, and may also 3bet when you're not. Just the worst thing you could do here.

MrTeddyKGB 08-17-2005 09:04 PM

I think every street is fine except for the river. Pre flop is fine. I like the turn raise. I doubt a calling station is folding a better hand on the river here. You might get a worse hand to fold or if he made a flush he gets to raise. I see the logic in your river play but makes more sense if BB was a tight passive player where you can be more sure of your read.

LImitPlayer 08-17-2005 09:15 PM

Ok so no one likes my pf play, thats fine, I wasn't sure IF I liked it or not either.

Given that I am in the hand would you 3 bet the flop?

BUt did you read the description of UTG?

He Stop N Go's with any piece of the board or draw, check raises with any piece or draw and is generally a very bad player.

I put the BB on over's as he did not 3 bet on the flop. With his stats wouldn't someone with an overpair 3 bet this flop?

UTG's turn bet didn't mean much as my description of him states so why is a raise here bad If I am putting the BB on over's?

[ QUOTE ]
can't pick out the worst part of the hand, but if you forced me to do so, it would be the river. BB isn't folding any better hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda think that the river was the best play I made in the hand. BB called the turn raise cold so we can assume he has an overpair.

The pot is large and Raising the river makes him coldcall 2 again and may make him fold a better hand.

An overpair isn't folding for 1 bet on the river but will he call 2?

I had no intentions of betting the river after the BB cold called 2 but I saw an opportunity to possibly fold out a better hand after UTG bet the river agin.

Would you call 2 cold on the turn and river with an overpair on this board?

LImitPlayer 08-17-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt a calling station is folding a better hand on the river here

[/ QUOTE ]

his stats are 55/18/1.6

This doesnt make him a calling station to me, not super agressive but not pasive either.

What do others think?

LImitPlayer 08-17-2005 10:05 PM

Results:

UTG shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MHIG

wackjob 08-17-2005 10:50 PM

Re: Results:

I wouldn't take that as a good sign other than you won some money with a crappy hand. Q10o is fold material every time unless stealing. Given that you did play Q10o, I think you played it poorly.

LImitPlayer 08-17-2005 11:16 PM

Re: Results:

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you did play Q10o, I think you played it poorly

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain to me how I played it poorly besides pf, I guess an arguement could also be made for raisng the flop here.

Saying it was played poorly really doesn't say anyhting at all unless you explain your point.

I have Top Pair Good kicker in a large pot against a pf raiser who hasn't shown any sign that he likes his hand and he has shown no strength whatsoever. The only player who has shown any sign that he likes his hand is an idiot

I am raising a donk who will Stop N GO with any draw or any pair on every street.

I'm all for critisism on my play but saying you played it bad does absolutely nothing for expolaing how