Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Game Selection: Money on the table. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406111)

rwanger 12-28-2005 02:58 PM

Re: Game Selection: Money on the table.

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I tend to take the approach that I do. I dont sit down with the max buy in, nor the minimum, usually double the min or half the buy in. If I can project an image of weakness with that alone, good for me, I'll show my strength later, after I've doubled or tripled up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a winning player, you should always be buying in for the max. Why would you want to limit the amount of money you could win when you hit your hand?

The 5% doubt that you put in a few players minds as to whether or not are a good player, is not worth the $100 you miss out on when you are doubling up your half stack rather than if you had a full stack.

When you've "doubled or tripled up" your half stack, you should be thinking to your self "I'd have twice as much money right now if I just bought in for the full amount".

ahnuld 12-28-2005 03:07 PM

If I have a deep stack and there is an aggresive player on my left making life hell after I raise preflop becuase we have 200bb+ I leave. If Im that annoying guy on the left, ill stay and screw with the other big stacks. To me, stack size is only important in determining the tables im on if I cant get in a good seat.

12-28-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why I tend to take the approach that I do. I dont sit down with the max buy in, nor the minimum, usually double the min or half the buy in. If I can project an image of weakness with that alone, good for me, I'll show my strength later, after I've doubled or tripled up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a winning player, you should always be buying in for the max. Why would you want to limit the amount of money you could win when you hit your hand?

The 5% doubt that you put in a few players minds as to whether or not are a good player, is not worth the $100 you miss out on when you are doubling up your half stack rather than if you had a full stack.

When you've "doubled or tripled up" your half stack, you should be thinking to your self "I'd have twice as much money right now if I just bought in for the full amount".

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. Never thought of it like that either.

Gregg777 12-28-2005 05:05 PM

Short stacks blow.

ansky451 12-28-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Short stacks blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-29-2005 04:49 AM

There's nothing worse than having two stacks that refuse to get more than 10 or 15 BB on my left. Just totally crimps my style, and throws my game off. I spend too much time being pissed at the shortstacks that I usually miss a good opportunity somewhere.