Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BB special, 2 pair hand. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375078)

djoyce003 11-09-2005 03:35 PM

BB special, 2 pair hand.

Only have 25 hands on villain, but over those 25 he's 80/30. While I'd agree it's a small sample size but in my experience if someone is above 80 after 20 or 30 hands, they aren't ever going to end up very far below that total...certainly no lower than 60 vpip or so. What do you do on the flop here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($21.50)
Hero ($52.30)
UTG ($109.80)
MP ($61.11)
Button ($65.41)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, Hero ??

beavens 11-09-2005 03:37 PM

Re: BB special, 2 pair hand.

well after reading the post on fastplaying, i'd probably bump this up to $15 and make a 2/3 pot bet on the turn.

emil3000 11-09-2005 03:38 PM

I'd want to get all in here, and I'd threebet this and lead the turn.

4_2_it 11-09-2005 03:40 PM

Normally I'd say re-raise to $$15, but if you have a maniac I tend to let him build the pot for me. Not many scare cards for the turn, so I will say call the flop and plan to c/r on the turn(unless an 8 hits).

11-09-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except if the turn is an 8.

I like 3-betting. What do you do if she pushes after your 3-bet? I think a fold sometimes here.

beavens 11-09-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except if the turn is an 8.

I like 3-betting. What do you do if she pushes after your 3-bet? I think a fold sometimes here.

[/ QUOTE ]

could be facing a set or better 2pr.. but the guy seems to play with any two cards

SonOfWestwood 11-09-2005 04:16 PM

I agree with you on the stats thing, that when they're that high after 25-30 hands, they tend to stay in that range.

My default play with someone like this would be to call the flop and plan to check raise the turn. Let him use his aggression to get some extra money in there. The board has no obvious draws, so I don't think he's doing this for a free card, and I think your hand is definitely good.

djoyce003 11-09-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you on the stats thing, that when they're that high after 25-30 hands, they tend to stay in that range.

My default play with someone like this would be to call the flop and plan to check raise the turn. Let him use his aggression to get some extra money in there. The board has no obvious draws, so I don't think he's doing this for a free card, and I think your hand is definitely good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think checkraising the turn lets him off easy....the flat call of a flop raise followed by a turn checkraise is always a monster. I think it's either call/lead turn, or 3bet here. thoughts?

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 05:45 PM

Call an lead most turns with a 2/3 bet, if he raises you can fold.

SonOfWestwood 11-09-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think checkraising the turn lets him off easy....the flat call of a flop raise followed by a turn checkraise is always a monster. I think it's either call/lead turn, or 3bet here. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the heat of the moment, I'd probably 3 bet the flop. I was thinking a call and C/R on the turn, in this case, really, only because I figured I could get it all in, or pot commit myself, by then. Assuming he'd bet when checked to on the turn, it'd be ~10 and then you can C/R to ~30, and I think he almost has to call it, leaving only ~10 for the river.

With a flop call/turn lead, don't you think that may slow him down too? Generally, when I do that, I just get flat calls on the turn, so you'd get around ~10 in on the turn, and ~15 more in on the river. Plus, when I'm raised again on the turn in these situations, I tend to be in a situation where I'm not sure what to do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]