Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   horrible weak tightness (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389824)

12-02-2005 08:14 AM

horrible weak tightness

UTG is Tagish, the rest are loose passives

Hero in SB with Q-9o, 4 limpers, I call and BB completes

Flop : K,Q,J rainbow. Hero bets, UTG raises, all call (6SB’s)

Turn: 10. hero checks. UTG bets, 2 callers, hero folds.

I think check/folding this flop is better but still terrible, any better ideas?

AlmightyJay 12-02-2005 08:22 AM

Re: horrible weak tightness

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not betting middle pair, no kicker and the ass end of a one-card gutshot into five opponents on this super-coordinated flop. Check/fold the flop.

Fold on the turn is perfect, someone almost definitely has an A.

Webster 12-02-2005 08:23 AM

Check folding would be a great idea. Middle pair and no kicker? Why are you in this hand??

12-02-2005 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check folding would be a great idea. Middle pair and no kicker? Why are you in this hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I asked myself when I hit my out but still hated my hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I hate myself

12-02-2005 08:30 AM

Now I hate myself for thinking check/folding the flop is weak tight when it does seem to be the right thing...

12-02-2005 10:39 AM

i dont understand the flop bet. It cant be for value as you are most likely behind, nor will it drive anyone out of this large pot.

If a late position player bets I would consider raising but would probably fold. Someone has for sure cought something in this co-ordinated flop...

Your hand is weak and the only way to improve it (and still be ahead) is most likely by catching a Q. check/folding bettern than check/raising better than betting

tiltaholic 12-02-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i'd fold preflop.

the flop bet is horrible.

Buckmulligan 12-02-2005 12:31 PM

I think checkfolding this flop is absolutely correct. That's a scary scary board, and if we are ahead, it's not by much. If we are behind, we probably have only 2 outs.

bozlax 12-02-2005 12:33 PM

Huh. You played a sh1t hand preflop, and wound up in a tough position postflop. I can't believe it.

Seriously, I might play this for half a bet knowing that if the flop didn't make me a monster I was going to have to check-fold. (Actually, if your read on UTG is strong, you can muck right away.)

You can check-fold the flop, as you're drawing to 1 out (half-value for the remaining queens). A ten gives anybody with an ace the winning hand, a nine gives anybody with a ten the winning hand.

Now my editor's marker comes out. Good attempt at describing the hand without using the converter. Preflop you "completed", BB checked and there were 6SB's in the pot. Put the pot size next to the header, e.g. "Flop (6 players, 6SB):". After the flop betting the pot was 9BB.

bozlax 12-02-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I hate myself for thinking check/folding the flop is weak tight when it does seem to be the right thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we should take up a collection to get this guy some therapy?