Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   a set for the hero 3-flush (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396764)

Maulik 12-12-2005 12:05 PM

a set for the hero 3-flush

this is nasty line, right? what can I do differently? perhaps nothing, hmmm... the pot is so small too before the river =[

do I simply check/fold the river? I didn't

PartyPoker - $50 NL Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

Button is N/A
SB is 57/0/- (7)
CO is 29/14/- (7)

Starting Balances:
Button: $28.85
SB: $26.95
<font color="red">Hero: $48.25</font>
UTG: $36.8
UTG+1: $41.13
CO: $36.84

Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(4 players) FLOP: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: $2 )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS ($2)</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>

(3 players) TURN: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: $8 )
<font color="red">Hero BETS ($8)</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: $32 )
<font color="red">Hero BETS ($20)</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, Button is All-In

Final Pot: $72

DoomSlice 12-12-2005 12:08 PM

Re: a set for the hero 3-flush

I don't check-fold the river. I DO check-call the river.

Induced bluffs, yada yada... only flush calls a bet... yada yada...

beavens 12-12-2005 12:10 PM

i think i'd overbet this flop and fold to a rr.

would be cautious the rest of the way.

DoomSlice 12-12-2005 12:14 PM

I've never understood the "overbet monotone board with trips" line. This basically gaurantees that no one is going to make an incorrect call with the Ah and gaurantees that you'll only be called by a flush.

12-12-2005 12:16 PM

I like the overbet on either the flop or the turn. Any rr in return, and I would fold. With 2 cold callers each step with your betting out, I think a good possiblity of a flush is present. Considering there wasnt any preflop raising.

Without the overbet in this hand, you dont quite no where you stand. With an overbet, you probably would only get 1 caller (if any), and this would help you in your future decisions on each street, since you would know exactly how much you could win or lose.

Siingo 12-12-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(3 players) RIVER: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: $32 )
<font color="red">Hero BETS ($20)</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, Button is All-In

Final Pot: $72

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you think would call you on the river when you bet $20 and the board looks like it does in this hand. Do you think someone will call you if they do not beat your hand? Check and call a raise...

Siingo 12-12-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood the "overbet monotone board with trips" line. This basically gaurantees that no one is going to make an incorrect call with the Ah and gaurantees that you'll only be called by a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeahh please explain it to me too..

And why fold if reraised? Would not a maid flushhand only call to make more money? And if he reraise and he really have the flush then you have alot of outs to improve to a full house with good implied odds against a flush... When I think about this 2 things then I probably would call a rerais on the flop.

Mercman572 12-12-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't check-fold the river. I DO check-call the river.

Induced bluffs, yada yada... only flush calls a bet... yada yada...

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said